ok well when i got my guitar i bought a strap that fits pretty short but makes guitar feel in place but when i have a long strap in class it feels great but guitar out of place soooo wat im sayin is wat do u think i should go with??
I can't really tell what you're trying to say, but I think you should go with which ever is most comfortable to play for extended periods of time.
depends on your style of music and how you play it, i find.
when i play insane stuff like Protest The Hero and Human Abstract, I HAVE to have the guitar strap shortened because its easier to access the lower frets like that; whereas a punk music style usually uses easy to finger power and barre chords, so a low strap setting seems the best.

and if all else fails, just keep on adjust the strap until you get it the way your comfortable
strap on
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
I have a fairly long strap because I love the freedom it gives me plus I can throw my guitar around in a live setting. If you specifically wanted ot have your strap low for looks, it is a bit shallow as you are compromising your playability. Whichever feels most comfortable to play with is the length you should keep, it's all trial and error.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
a girl once told me that, as a general rule, the lower you wear your guitar, the better you are likely to be in bed.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by JOn`
a girl once told me that, as a general rule, the lower you wear your guitar, the better you are likely to be in bed.

Crap...I wear mine a bit higher than petrucci.
all i'm gonna say is....

Tom Morello.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Both extremes, right here:

They're both as hard rocking as any other guitarist.

It all depends on your skill.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Both extremes, right here:

They're both as hard rocking as any other guitarist.

It all depends on your skill.

Fact: Slash gets more chicks.
{Gear}
ESP Ltd F-250
Roland Micro Cube

Yes, I'm easily amused.
i wear mine at about the "proper" place to hold it while sitting. maybe slightly lower than that.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
It's not about personal comfort and how you play best, it's about sacrificing any artistic intregrity you have for a little bit of vag
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Realturka
Fact: Slash gets more crackheads.

Fixed.

OK, do you really need us to tell you to wear it where it feels comfortable? Seriously?
Quote by Realturka
Fact: Slash gets more chicks.

Fact: Tom Morello is more likely to beat the **** out of you with a bat.
Quote by el mexicanito
umm.....i dont think we are even answering the question anymore
Check post #17 again.
ahhaha i actually went down the line counting for which was #17 wow wat a waste of time and yea seriously why did i ask i guess longstrap is a little more fun to go with anywya