Okay so i was just messing around with my player, listening to Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Dethklok to be accurate. Okay, so i realised my headphones wasn't enterely plugged in into my mp3, causing my song to only play 1 track, which was the backround track for Duncan Hills Coffe Jingle. What happened was that Skwisgaar's Solo at the end dissapeared as well along with Nathans voice, by doing this i could play the Duncan hills solo myself with the backing solo aswell on the original track I've kinda used this method for many songs i would like to learn the guitar track for.

There may be some effects tought, sometimes the voice gets into a really heavy reverb or there may only be alot of weird noise.

But after all i find this quite helpful instead of removing the vocal track with advanced programs etc

To do this you simply plug out your input for the headset halfway out, by then you may notice that one of the tracks (mostly vocal track or the lead guitar track) will dissapear, causing you only to hear the second guitar and the backing vocals.

Any of you discovered this before? Try it out, maybe you guys might be able to do it as well I would like to know if this happens to everyone or maybe it's just my mp3 player that is extremely awesome
Ive tried quite a few processors to remove vocals and usually the songs are mixed so it takes out a guitar or two and messes up the audio a lot when you take the vox out...

Your headphones were only half way plugged in feeling only a mono signal to them.
...probably from the R channel...

Mics and guitars are usually recorded in mono which is on the L channel so only getting audio from the R channel will take out some parts of the mix.
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 17, 2008,
That's just getting the two tracks subtracting eachother, which will only work on songs that have only the vocal track panned to the middle, but yeah it usually works.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Washburn Acoustic
Jay Turser Bass
Panasonic SX-KC211 Keyboard
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion
BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah (Fixed!)
Roland Micro-Cube
Randall RB30XM Bass Amp
Tascam DP-01FX Digital Recorder
I already knew that. Since I was a little kid I always liked to hear the back guitars and stuff of punk songs as sum41 and blink182, good old green day too.Wich means like about 8 years ago.... So yea it's been a long time I knew it.
It works with my cd players but not my ipod shuffle. I found this out like 2 years ago lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by kevC4
I already knew that. Since I was a little kid I always liked to hear the back guitars and stuff of punk songs as sum41 and blink182, good old green day too.Wich means like about 8 years ago.... So yea it's been a long time I knew it.

lol yea i've allways been fascinated by the backing tracks as well, that's why i love doing this heh
Well, I don't even need to use headphones for this, because we took our computer to Best Buy because it was still under warranty and we needed to get it fixed because something happened. And when we took it in, the fixed what was wrong. But when they put the chassis back together, they didn't realize that we might want to hear anything, so the jack where the speakers would go is now only halfway out of the hole, so we can't plug in the regular speakers. So my dad found an old computer speaker and hooked it to the subwoofer, so now we can only hear the left... or right, I don't know... side of the music if it's in stereo.

It's been like that for quite a while, and we're too lazy to take it back, because we're no longer under warranty and they're just douchbags anyway. They'll probably end up screwing something else up.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
I think the first time I discovered this I was about 7, listening to Kris Kross on a cassette tape walkman
Quote by moody07747
Ive tried quite a few processors to remove vocals and usually the songs are mixed so it takes out a guitar or two and messes up the audio a lot when you take the vox out...

Your headphones were only half way plugged in feeling only a mono signal to them.
...probably from the R channel...

Mics and guitars are usually recorded in mono which is on the L channel so only getting audio from the R channel will take out some parts of the mix.

+1.

look at the jack.

see those two black rings, that's telling you it's a stereo jack, one channel for each speaker, with corresponding connections inside the player, halfway in means one channel,not 'different tracks'. shits not done like that. so if somebody used a different technique in production, you might just end up with bass and vox, or if they're doing some mad panning in the mix it will be all over the place. you can choose which way the sound it panned, hard right is through the right speaker, dead centre is same through both, and hard left is the opposite of right.
confusing thread mate
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I think the first time I discovered this I was about 7, listening to Kris Kross on a cassette tape walkman

nice music selection

and...

OH **** LEGIONS ARE BACK!?!?
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████