Page 1 of 5
Okay so theres one thing i've noticed about them, which i find quite weird.

So theres 2 guys playing guitar right? But there are no lead or rhythm, they both seem to play rhythm, and theres no bass... Wouldn't they rather have a bass and 1 guitar instead of having 2 guitars playing the exactly the same thing?

Im no fan of Jonas Brothers, but whenever my bro watches Disney Channel i get angry when i see them and feel like listening to some thrash.

But i would want some opinion about this, pros and cons about the way they are playing.
To me it just looks like they are playing guitars to be cool kinda. They never solo, they never make 2 different guitar tracks, they only play their ****ty power chords.
they don't need it, they're br00tal
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Please dont start flaming the Jonas Brothers. I think they are the most important band to come out for the last 30 years. They will change everyones life.
u said it legion!
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."

My friend pointed out they have Truth drums, and he said they don't deserve 'em.
It's weird what people notice about them.
you know...there is the 2 jonas brothers that play guitar...then there are 2-3 other guitarist that play with them...seriously..no leads either
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
Legion's a spammer!

And well, Jonas Bros are nutty.. they r not real guitarists.. they r just taken by Disney so they can attract non-guitarists
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by thrashmetal101
When I saw them on the cover of Rolling Stones magazine, I cried.

Seriously?
Don't they have an entire backing band that covers all that?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by thrashmetal101
Seriously. But its a **** magazine anyway.

I don't read it alot but the main point is..

WE ****ing practise guitars for years to become good technical and emotional guitarists, and these guys just come from nowhere and play stuff i could learn in 5 minutes and get on the cover of a magazine!??

**** THEM
Quote by PsychoJeams

WE ****ing practise guitars for years to become good technical and emotional guitarists, and these guys just come from nowhere and play stuff i could learn in 5 minutes and get on the cover of a magazine!??

**** THEM

*nods*
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
Quote by PsychoJeams

**** THEM

Yeah, it happens. Just imagine if some of us got marketing behind us. We would shadow those fags in no time.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by PsychoJeams
Okay so theres one thing i've noticed about them, which i find quite weird.

So theres 2 guys playing guitar right? But there are no lead or rhythm, they both seem to play rhythm, and theres no bass... Wouldn't they rather have a bass and 1 guitar instead of having 2 guitars playing the exactly the same thing?

Im no fan of Jonas Brothers, but whenever my bro watches Disney Channel i get angry when i see them and feel like listening to some thrash.

But i would want some opinion about this, pros and cons about the way they are playing.
To me it just looks like they are playing guitars to be cool kinda. They never solo, they never make 2 different guitar tracks, they only play their ****ty power chords.

They can play powerchords?!
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Quote by PsychoJeams

**** THEM

damn straight
And you care because? Seriously, people are way too wrapped up in music they don't like. Why don't you just focus on the stuff you do like, and keep your mouth shut about the stuff you don't?

Edit:

Quote by PsychoJeams

**** THEM

Piss off with your sense of entitlement. Emotion is subjective and being technically sound doesn't mean you're a good guitarist, since guitars are for music, and music is about entertainment, so if their three chords entertain people and your sweeps don't, they are better than you. Get over it.
Last edited by NGD1313 at Aug 17, 2008,
Omg, The Jonas Brothers

They're Br00tal
Apparently one of them can play a mandolin. Respect to him for actually knowing what that is. I dont care about the others.
Quote by wtbskill91
The Jonas Brothers smell like poop.

br00tal poop, however
Who cares that they don't have a bass. They're a terrible band. In fact, they aren't really a band, they are a product to be sold and then discarded.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
they piss me off just because when i play people think its ok and when the jonas brothers play the praise them like they are god...im not saying praise me im just saying if you want to praise a musician at least praise one with talent...

Jimi Hendrix!!!! he is and was a rock god! and he is just a shadow of the jonas brothers to todays society
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
Quote by xLESTERX
Honestly i doubt theyre plugged in

I saw them playing on some tv show once and I really don't think they were. But I wasn't really paying much attention to that because I was focused on the fact that it just didn't look like he was actually playing to me. It seemed off.

As far as bass goes they have other people there to play the instruments they don't find cool. But then the lead singer has a tendancy to play the tamborine?
If they're good for anything it's for making me laugh...
Quote by PsychoJeams

**** THEM

that's the deal with the 'business of music'. the business comes first for these kind of people.
stupid talentless Disney promoted music hacks with purity rings sell, and the youth of today is buying.

just be happy you know the difference, my friend.

Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
im just saying if you want to praise a musician at least praise one with talent..

Took the word straight out of my mouth.
Quote by PsychoJeams
Took the word straight out of my mouth.

yes!!! dude i love you (no homo)
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
lol. I actually hated them at first, but ended up liking them. They seem like nice guys, and have been in the music business since they were kids. To answer you question, they have one lead singer, then they have a guitar brother, then the youngest brother (cutest), sings some verses as well as plays the guitar usually. That's the Jonas Brothers. But they do have bass, and drums, prbly done by session musicians etc. Obviously, if u've seen camp rock, and u see them playing with no amps and no drums and bass, its not gonna make sense, but it's a movie. In real life though, they actually do have backup musicians doing ****. And ya, not every guitar player plays solos, lots of bands have numerous ppl playing guitar even if they don't need 2 guitarists.
I'm really sick of these 'child' musicians backed by Disney.

In my opinion, these Jonas Brothers and that Hannah Montana are a huge part of what's wrong with popular music today.
Quote by NGD1313
And you care because? Seriously, people are way too wrapped up in music they don't like. Why don't you just focus on the stuff you do like, and keep your mouth shut about the stuff you don't?

Edit:

Piss off with your sense of entitlement. Emotion is subjective and being technically sound doesn't mean you're a good guitarist, since guitars are for music, and music is about entertainment, so if their three chords entertain people and your sweeps don't, they are better than you. Get over it.

Thats not how it works pumpkin.
You guys don't really know this, but the Jonas Brothers are actually the real musicians that play for Dream Theater. When John Petrucci is out there "performing live", these guys are back stage playing the actual parts. The whole Disney thing is just a cover up and to avoid any suspicions about them and DT.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Josh Shiells
I'm really sick of these 'child' musicians backed by Disney.

In my opinion, these Jonas Brothers and that Hannah Montana are a huge part of what's wrong with popular music today.

Thats why keep away from Popular Music :P

Darth_Qurashi: I agree with the fact that they seem like nice guys, i think they really smart, skipping drugs, alchohol and such (which they claim, and i don't care), but i just don't find their music worth all the fuzz about them.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You guys don't really know this, but the Jonas Brothers are actually the real musicians that play for Dream Theater. When John Petrucci is out there "performing live", these guys are back stage playing the actual parts. The whole Disney thing is just a cover up and to avoid any suspicions about them and DT.

actually in a way DT and the Jonas brothers are doing the same thing...marketing young kids with their music. DT wouldnt have any fanbase if they didnt play all the wanky **** adored by prepubescent teenagers
Quote by rasinañte
Thats not how it works pumpkin.

Tell me how it works then, sugar pie?
Quote by Phazer
actually in a way DT and the Jonas brothers are doing the same thing...marketing young kids with their music. DT wouldnt have any fanbase if they didnt play all the wanky **** adored by prepubescent teenagers

Shhh. Don't get too close to the truth...it's dangerous.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 5