7 25%
ESP LTD M-53 / MH-53
14 50%
Washburn X-11
3 11%
Jackson JS20 Dinky
4 14%
Voters: 28.
Hi GB&C! I'm looking to buy a new guitar, the only problems that face me really are that i am lefty. I also live in Australia so guitars are expensive.

at first i thought about buying body neck etc and putting parts together, however the lack of left handed parts available for reasonable prices means that i have decided to take a relatively cheap guitar, swap out the parts, refinish etc to make it a high quality guitar that i can call my own.

To do this i need to start out with a good platform, Im thinking along the lines of super strat shape, nice thin maple neck, HSS routing, and a some sort of trem bridge.

so far i have come up with:
Kramer Striker FR-422SM
ESP LTD M-53 / MH-53
Washburn X-11
Jackson JS20 Dinky

what do you guys think? any other additions?
Am i right to assume that most lower level/beginner guitars are offered in left handed
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Aug 17, 2008,
A Squier Affinity Strat would work if you need a good body and a maple neck. Check out the neck of the guitar before you buy it tho, it could be a bit warped. And most, if not all Affinitys, are routed HSH, so you can put whatever oickups you want in em.
im not such a big fan of the traditional strat shape and neck, i sorta want an 80's style pop metal guitar.
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
i'd say do any but that washburn one.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
is this your 1st guitar?

If not I'd save up around $600 and get something more gigable.

You'll have to replace a lot of parts on these to make them better and will end up costing you more time, effort, and money.

Also whats your other guitar?

Are you sure you want a floyd?....normally cheap FR's licensed don't stay in tune.

Best of luck to ya mann
deff the esp
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I voted for the washburn, but looking at the photos the krammer is well better - I mean would you even need to do anything to the krammer?
I was thinking, since reversed headstocks are common in superstrats anyway, you could buy a cheap right handed guitar with a good neck, cut a new nut and make a new body and hey presto!
I'd go with the Kramer because it's got an American Alder body. The basswood body ESP is good too but it's harder to make basswood sound really good so for a 1st project I think alder is better.

The other 2 guitars dont say what type of wood they are which isn't a good sign in terms of quality.
Not taking any online orders.
i haven't included any ibanez guitars because the cheap ones are often agathis, which isn't a good wood to start out with from what i have heard. It isn't my first guitar and because i live in australia, and i am also left handed, an $800 guitar bought stock will end up being of much lower quality than a $300 guitar with $500 dollars of hardware of my own choice thrown at it.

I want a trem bridge... locking or not doesn't concern me in particular...
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven