Page 1 of 5
SV300
Ex-Floydoylogist Mod
111 IQ
Seeing that the who to listen to list in the Musician Talk forum was quite successful, here's the list of who to listen to for the GG&A forum. Very much like the list over in the Musician Talk, this list is to pick out users who are particularly knowledgeable (ie. the ones to listen to).

So the list below, consists of members of this forum, who have been consistently helpful, given honest, insightful and more importantly accurate information, and therefore, have earned a spot on this list. In other words, listen to these people;

1. Casualty01
2. SV300
3. power freak
4. Bill43
5. Dgonz
6. PJD
7. StreamLine
8. Jacob M
9. *Def*
10. Jaeger
11. scheck006
12. Backup Guitar
13. Cmogi10
14. Asomodai
15. TGM
16. mig28
17. jono034
18. jag513
19. D Man
20. Mascot
21. mnbaseball91
22. HopePoisoned
23. Genocide dude
24. Dave_Mc
25. Seljer
26. jj1565
27. *Position Open*
28. *Position Open*
etc.

Just like the MT list, the list is NOT closed, and any members who are seen to post regularly with accurate information, and are willing to help out, will be added.

The following paragraph is copied straight from the MT thread - couldnt have put it better myself;

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. it is simply a list of people, given to you to maybe help any confusion you might have as to what might be correct or what might be wrong information..... it's a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. simple as that.

Just like the MT lists, unfortunately, we DO have to include a small list of people who you generally SHOULDN'T listen to, in order to avoid bad advice, arrogance, and or overall ignorance as to what they're actually saying. Here goes the list of people to ignore at all costs

Like the MT list, this list WILL be added to.
1. §ound_Of_§hade
2. Feelthevayne
3. simonparry
4. sonicyouthsaves
5. destructones
6. awsoem
7. Magnus_j
8. JaYB06
9. RememberMyName
10. *awaiting a new retard*

(Seeing as Sir §ound_Of_§hade has posted a hunk of bad/wrong advice here quite a while ago, it was only fair to include him on the GG&A list as well as the MT list )
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Ok, seeing as how the previous posts have been cleared, i think i might make a few new recommendations for the who to listen to list (all these are IMO, of course, and i may have missed the odd howler that you've seen them post, so if you want to argue, correct me or whatever, feel free! ):

seljer: he seems to go out of his way to help people- especially in the threads which need complicated, long answers- i normally think "well, i'll answer it if no-one else does" since i'm lazy, and, 9 times out of 10, seljer is the person that i can just post " i agree" to, instead of having to come up with my own arguments!

zavorash: seems to know a lot about valve amps and amps in general etc., and is pretty helpful any time i see him post!

electrik: ditto zavorash

united kid: i'm a little reluctant to recommend him, since he is quite biased a lot of the time, and sometimes confuses "advice" with "what i would do even if i play different stuff", but he still seems to know more than most people around here (bar those on the list!), so i recommend him, since he always tries to help.

Toxicity? i just assumed he'd be up there... he should go up too, even though he normally posts in the electric guitar forum...

I hope there's no-one i've forgotten, that's all i can think of now...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
Tox should be on there without a doubt. There are people on there who post here far less often than he does. I also agree that Seljer tends to be quite helpful. I know I've seen a lot of untied kid's posts but I'm blanking on what kind of stuff he says, so I won't vote either way with him. I'm not overly familiar with zavorash or electrik.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Funky P
Sonic Boom
65 IQ
Lol a who not to listen to list, pretty harsh? I'm sure it will fill up fast
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
^If you'll recall, a couple of us nominated you for it at one point!
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

power freak
Counting to infinity...
1,431 IQ
Originally posted by Dave_Mc
Ok, seeing as how the previous posts have been cleared, i think i might make a few new recommendations for the who to listen to list (all these are IMO, of course, and i may have missed the odd howler that you've seen them post, so if you want to argue, correct me or whatever, feel free! ):

seljer: he seems to go out of his way to help people- especially in the threads which need complicated, long answers- i normally think "well, i'll answer it if no-one else does" since i'm lazy, and, 9 times out of 10, seljer is the person that i can just post " i agree" to, instead of having to come up with my own arguments!

zavorash: seems to know a lot about valve amps and amps in general etc., and is pretty helpful any time i see him post!

electrik: ditto zavorash

united kid: i'm a little reluctant to recommend him, since he is quite biased a lot of the time, and sometimes confuses "advice" with "what i would do even if i play different stuff", but he still seems to know more than most people around here (bar those on the list!), so i recommend him, since he always tries to help.

Toxicity? i just assumed he'd be up there... he should go up too, even though he normally posts in the electric guitar forum...

I hope there's no-one i've forgotten, that's all i can think of now...

Yeah Seljer seems quite helpful, I don't think I've seen him post something that is completely wrong, in fact most of the time he is spot on.

I haven't seen Eletrik or Zavorash too much, I'll check them out in a minute.

U-K came up last time, I said he should be on there and I still agree. IMO he isn't any different to some of the other people on the list.

Toxicity seems to know his stuff too.

But Dave isn't on the list? Maybe I'm being retarded and not looking properly but I don't see him.

I think I'll add Dave, Seljer and Toxic unless anybody has any objections?

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Funky P
Sonic Boom
65 IQ
Originally posted by mnbaseball91
^If you'll recall, a couple of us nominated you for it at one point!

Well i'm staying out of this forum for the most part.

The only stuff i really only give advise about is pickups, non pop-punk pickups

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Originally posted by Funky P
Well i'm staying out of this forum for the most part.

The only stuff i really only give advise about is pickups, non pop-punk pickups

i agree you seem to know your stuff about seymour duncan pickups i think it was that howler about valve amps needing to be called dual rectos to have distortion or something that got you nominated before, but most of the time your posts seem fine... also you sometimes post sarcastic stuff and it's hard to tell if you're being serious or not

and cheers for the nomination, pf
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
uh..what!? How is Dave not on the list? I could have sworn he was. PF, I think something needs to be done about that!

And Funky, don't worry, you've shaped up since then. BTW, is that you over on the Seymour Duncan forums occasionally? Same name, different avatar.

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Originally posted by power freak
U-K came up last time, I said he should be on there and I still agree. IMO he isn't any different to some of the other people on the list.

true, it's not like any of us isn't biased- anyone who's seen any of my posts in any thread about "which metal amp" for $1000 or more will know that... (you know you want an Engl!)
Quote by classicrocker01

Funky P
Sonic Boom
65 IQ
Who else would use this name? lol

I like SD fourms cuz its full of intellectual gear heads, when i run out of sarcastic comments i go there to cool off.

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
I knew I'd forgotten someone, i forgot joyful womble, he should be on the "who to listen to" list too (IMO)!
Quote by classicrocker01

joyful womble
UG Catcher In The Rye
328 IQ
i second dave, (or third, or fourth, or whatever) even before reading the above post. i'll have start to be a little more responsible though... ie no more sarcastic comments to n00bs...

"Anytime but now
Anywhere but here
Anyone but me
I've got to think about my own life
The world is not our facility
We have a responsibility
To use our abilities to keep this place alive," said ian mackaye
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Originally posted by joyful womble
i second dave, (or third, or fourth, or whatever) even before reading the above post. i'll have start to be a little more responsible though... ie no more sarcastic comments to n00bs...

ah, you can still be sarcastic at times, you just kind of have to do it in a nice way...
Quote by classicrocker01

Funky P
Sonic Boom
65 IQ
Originally posted by Dave_Mc
you just kind of have to do it in a nice way...

sarcasm in a nice way? absurd

m1dnight
Uncle Pete 'o' file
322 IQ
Seljer
Quote by Moggan13
Yeah, nothing beats a Thread about a bunch of Christian knights traveling to the Middle-East and killing loads of Muslims...
electrik
1,264 IQ
I definately recommend dave, hes one of the nicest, most helpful people on here.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
aw, thanks for all the recommendations, i'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Quote by classicrocker01

D Man
UG Monkey
120 IQ
Dave on the list? Bout time, I just popped in this thread to recomend him.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
[not sure where else to post this]

I see Cas has been added to the list of G&A mods...but I've never seen him post here before! Give us a shout out bro!

Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
To be honest, I haven't seen. . .

Cas, Bill, Dgonz, Streamline, Jacob, Cmogi, or mig post in quite a while.
mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
^Yeah, but Cas is on the mod list, whereas the others are on the "who to listen to" list. I was always a little confused about names not being taken off the list, but then SV300 showed up after almost a year of being gone. You never know...

Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
Yeah.

I was suprised to see SV come back.

Things is, Cas may be a mod, but for all I know, he could know absolutely nothing about gear. ( I'm sure this isn't true, I'm just saying. )
HopePoisoned
UG's Rack Head
304 IQ
Lol a who not to listen to list, pretty harsh? I'm sure it will fill up fast

last thread I came down on you hard for that list :p

Who else would use this name? lol

I like SD fourms cuz its full of intellectual gear heads, when i run out of sarcastic comments i go there to cool off.

i head over to HRI - to hang with other technicians who dont even know what the DS-1 is, rack heads!
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at Sep 8, 2005,
unitedkid
Keeley Mod Spammer
320 IQ
i would definetly stay away from unitedkid, that guy is a chatch.
Quote by jpetrucci5655
"get a tube amp or i will hire a huge-dicked-hermaphrodite to come rape ur cornhole."

Quote by xmurderoticax
I just got a line 6 flextone head and a spider II body.
HopePoisoned
UG's Rack Head
304 IQ
i tend to not really listen to anyone here...except the obvious people to listen to (tox, maybe mascot, maybe unitedkid, etc. etc.)
-Mike
Zavorash
236 IQ
Quote by HopePoisoned
i tend to not really listen to anyone here...except the obvious people to listen to (tox, maybe mascot, maybe unitedkid, etc. etc.)

I more or less agree with you here. While there are certain members that tend to give helpful advice on a consistent basis, tone is a very opinionated subject. This list seems to elevate some to a level of "always right" or "always wrong". The truth is, the only concrete facts lie in the construction of the gear; the sound produced is totally subjective. Even the members on the "who to listen to" list are prone to recommend a product that sounds awful to another listener.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^exactly

although i normally find when i try an amp that recognised "tone hounds" say is good, it's normally good- pf recommended kochs, and they were certainly very nice when i tried them...
Quote by classicrocker01

Preid
1,037 IQ
Quote by SV300

Like the MT list, this list WILL be added to.
1. §ound_Of_§hade
2. Feelthevayne
3. simonparry
4. sonicyouthsaves
5. destructones
6. awsoem
7. Magnus_j
8. JaYB06
9. RememberMyName
10. *awaiting a new retard*

(Seeing as Sir §ound_Of_§hade has posted a hunk of bad/wrong advice here quite a while ago, it was only fair to include him on the GG&A list as well as the MT list )

I could be the new retard
joyful womble
UG Catcher In The Rye
328 IQ
i thought you were joking, then i read some of your posts.

since you've just nominated yourself, i second you...
"Anytime but now
Anywhere but here
Anyone but me
I've got to think about my own life
The world is not our facility
We have a responsibility
To use our abilities to keep this place alive," said ian mackaye
D Man
UG Monkey
120 IQ
JJ565.

She posts well. Never seen a bad one. Always helpfull.
Quote by Shakespeare
The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.
singlecoiled
UG's koala protector
746 IQ
^ maybe tryhardslash for the who not to listen to, he seems to be posting alot of wrong information (check my sig). JJ1656(??) posts helpfully, so she deserves a spot.
Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
JJ565?

To be honest, I have absolutely no memory of ever reading a post by her.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by singlecoiled
^ maybe tryhardslash for the who not to listen to, he seems to be posting alot of wrong information (check my sig). JJ1656(??) posts helpfully, so she deserves a spot.

seconded on both counts (at least if tryhardslash posts any more stupid replies)

jj normally posts in electric guitar mascot, but i think she should be on the list, because when she does post in here, you know it's going to be accurate...
Quote by classicrocker01

mnbaseball91
The Dude
1,030 IQ
For the second time today, I second JJ's nomination.