I got my Traynor YCV50blue amp yesterday! I was at a friends house until about 1 or 2 and my Dad called me and said,"Hey...your um...box...is here..." I about crapped my pants since i wasn't expecting it until monday. It almost made me mad because i had to play at a show that night and i didn't have that much time to tweak the EQ and settings to make the tone i was looking for but whatever...it still sounded awesome enough to melt peoples faces, except i wasn't as prepared as i should have been that night since we (me and drummer) only had 1 full practice with each of the groups we were in.

This amp sounds awesome!! I still haven't had a lot of time to dial in my perfect tone but I'm mostly just enjoying the t00bs right now. Clean channel is pretty much self-explanatory...the cleans on this are great. The OD w/o boost is pretty vintage, i got a halfway decent zeppelin tone within the first few seconds of tweaking EQ. Then i merely pressed the boost switch and this rush of rock n' roll energy embraced my fingertips and i started to fly.

So here's the thank you. THANK YOU UG!! There have been so many people that have helped me and i have lost track of everybody. Even if i asked you a question about a different amp, I still want to thank you for helping me narrow or sometimes broaden my options of different amps. I want to list a few people that i bothered with too many questions in no particular order...sum_ugly_man, forsaknazrael, kool98769, and slatsmania (might not remember from last fall ). And thanks again UG! I'll add pics if i can figure out my Dad's camera.

I still need to do a little research but i have about $212 USD to spend (preferably not all of it, unless it's pups) with my last paycheck. Which one would prove the most useful/toneful...an OD (lookin for GNR smooth leads and some 80's lead), an EQ pedal (probably MXR 6 or 10 band), or a new set of pups (SD 59' in neck, and SH-14 in bridge)? Well thanx again, REALLY helps out a lot, later
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
What kind of pups are in your guitar, now?

Also, SH-14, is that the Screamin' Demon?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Congratulations.

As to what you purchase, I think it's largely preference, but I've heard less than great things about stock epi pickups (I assume that's the guitar you're talking about) and I think a new set of pickups would really make the amp shine. Up to you though
Yeah i have Epi LP stock pups right now, and the SH-14 is a type of pickup seymour duncan makes
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
Yeah i have Epi LP stock pups right now, and the SH-14 is a type of pickup seymour duncan makes

Oh, it's the Custom 5. I was thinking it was the George Lynch sig pup.

Umm, I'd definitely upgrade the pups if I were you.

The '59 is a great, versatile pup. The SH-14 is also a great pup, but it may not be exactly what you want. Look into the Pearly Gates and Alnico II pups, also made by SD.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Yeah i have no experience with after market pups so i need help deciding. Well my head and my back are killing me from working from 11 a.m. to 11p.m. today. I hope this thread lives until tomarrow so the citizens of UGville know they are thanked! Later
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah