as some of you may know, my ipod was recently infected with some sort of virus or something(https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927422) and my songs were becoming corrupted one by one and today, i hooked it up to the computer and tried to restore it to factory settings so i could just reload the whole thing. well it succeeded in erasing everything but in the middle of restoring it, it crapped out and said (ipod could not be restored) and now the screen is just black with an apple on it and it wont do anything else. any suggestions what to do?
format it, then reinstall the firmware.

Go into "My Computer" and your iPod should be there as an external drive or something. Right click and hit format. I believe it runs a FAT32 file system or something. Once that's done use the iPod updater or whatever to reinstall the firmware.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
burn it and get a zune.

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
dude, dont let it touch your computer, and dont hook it to any other computers, it could multiply and use your ipod as a host. if there is a apple store by you go there and show them, then leave and get a zune. seriously get a zune.
cancer jokes aren't funny.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Let the power drain til it dies, then plug it into your computer. My iPod's gotten stuck on the black Apple screen a couple times and that worked for me.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
burn it and get a zune.

No. Burn it and get Mario Party 6.
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/

Quote by convictionless
dude, dont let it touch your computer, and dont hook it to any other computers, it could multiply and use your ipod as a host. if there is a apple store by you go there and show them, then leave and get a zune. seriously get a zune.

Zunes blow.

Stop being Bill Gates btch and get something that isn't the size of a brick and about as useful.
Quote by Cryptorchild
did you try eating said apple?

what the hell do you think my problem is?? did you think i gave a crap about the music? i just want that damn apple and some douchebag already took a bite.
if you want an imitation of perfection get a zune, but apple treats ipods as a part and will most likely give you a replacement, cause thats how apple rolls. lets see microsoft do that
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
Quote by mr_hacksaw
what the hell do you think my problem is?? did you think i gave a crap about the music? i just want that damn apple and some douchebag already took a bite.

haha
LMAO!

I thought you were flaming me at first
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
Zunes blow.

Stop being Bill Gates btch and get something that isn't the size of a brick and about as useful.

+1

It doesn't even show time...

rly...
\¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿??????????/