About a week ago my electric guitar (squier strat) hit the end of my computer desk and made a chip in the paint. This gave me an idea. Is it possible to chip a design in my guitar? since it's a cheap guitar there won't be any pressure into messing it up, since theres a chip already lol.
Is engraving in your guitar a good idea?
engraving your guitar is a great idea as long as you dont mess it up. it would be hard to get anything worthwhile without a lot of hard work, and probably some previous skill, but if you dont mind messing it up, practice then try it out.
if it will look cool then do it. but remember you cant go back once youve started. unless you sand it all down and repaint it.

controling the chips will be near impossible. maybe you could burn the paint off with a wood burning kit or something

edit: better idea, if you can get your hands on a dremel tool with the right bit that would be much easier
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I want to trace a small design. How would I do that? I printed out the design at the scale I want. but I don't know how to trace it on there. I was thinking of tracing with a marker or something like that. I'm not really good at free handing it.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
try carbon paper?

This.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo