Quote by hoopty
I'm looking for an amp with an effects loop, since most of my pedals aren't true bypass and damage tone (whammy i'm lookin at you)

I'm looking for an amp about like this:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-FW120-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481052

but with an effects loop. Are there any?

Errr... What amp have you got now?

If its a decent amp get an EQ pedal so you can do whatever you want with your sound and no pedal will turn your tone into ****.
Quote by Final !mpact
Errr... What amp have you got now?

If its a decent amp get an EQ pedal so you can do whatever you want with your sound and no pedal will turn your tone into ****.

Ah, I just purchased a DOD Eq pedal

and I just use a micro cube for practice, I'm going to need a louder amp since I'm starting to play guitar in a band, I usually play bass
Quote by hoopty
Ah, I just purchased a DOD Eq pedal

and I just use a micro cube for practice, I'm going to need a louder amp since I'm starting to play guitar in a band, I usually play bass

A DOD EQ pedal?

It sounds awesome. How long have you had it?

Although, like i said, it sounds quite good i had to return mine THREE TIMES in 6 months. If you start having problems with it i would suggest you trade it for another EQ pedal if possible.

As for the amp... How much volume do you want? What sort of sound do you want? What genres do you play?

That will help us determine which amp you should look at.
There are trillions of amps with effects loops, footswitchable being the factor that lowers the number. Final !mpact has a lot of questions that need to be answered to narrow it down, plus I add what is your budget?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Effects loops are boring. What you need is a line out box, a cheap ss power amp and an extra cab.

These go to eleven...
Quote by Final !mpact
A DOD EQ pedal?

It sounds awesome. How long have you had it?

Although, like i said, it sounds quite good i had to return mine THREE TIMES in 6 months. If you start having problems with it i would suggest you trade it for another EQ pedal if possible.

As for the amp... How much volume do you want? What sort of sound do you want? What genres do you play?

That will help us determine which amp you should look at.

I just bought it on eBay, it should be coming soon.

If I do have problems, i'll probably be SOL because the guy sold it as is, but he said it worked fine.

I want a loud enough volume to play with a band and small gigs. I'm trying to imitate Tom Morello's sound for a Rage cover band. His sound (except for the crazy effects) is pretty normal, just straight distortion from a Marshall JCM800. (of course I can't afford one of those)
crate FW arent amazing

if toneloss is bothering you build a true bypass box for it

bear in mind, TB isnt the holy grail of tone, lots of TB gear will still suck tone, a decent buffer at the start of the chain can help
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
crate FW arent amazing

if toneloss is bothering you build a true bypass box for it

bear in mind, TB isnt the holy grail of tone, lots of TB gear will still suck tone, a decent buffer at the start of the chain can help

That Crate amp was just an example of the power I'm looking for.

How would I build a true bypass box?

What would be the best chain for a Crybaby Original, a Whammy IV, and a DOD EQ?
if you want "power" get a tube amp, 30W tube IS enough, a 120W SS will sound rubbish loud.

also:

WHY CANT PEOPlE EXPERIMENT WITH SIGNAL CHAINS THESE DAYS?!?!
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
if you want "power" get a tube amp, 30W tube IS enough, a 120W SS will sound rubbish loud.

also:

WHY CANT PEOPlE EXPERIMENT WITH SIGNAL CHAINS THESE DAYS?!?!

Well, I don't own most of these pedals yet.

I only have the crybaby wah, and I've noticed it does hurt the sound of my guitar when I have it turned off.
i havent noticed that at all with mine

if it bothers you that much, mod it to TB
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i havent noticed that at all with mine

if it bothers you that much, mod it to TB

I'm probably going to be building a TB box since most combo amps don't have FX loops