Just went to the studio today and recorded 3 new songs (in profile, Agana, Chaotic Rage, Parts of you), please crit one of them, I will crit yours!

Chaotic Rage (name was not my idea) is probably more of UG style.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sacamano79/
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Chaotic Rage was really cool. intro sounded like metalized blues, then it got really choppy which added a cool effect. Rap + Distorted guitar = interesting combination, very original. Original is always a plus The bass didnt seem very bassy tho, more like Low note, but trebly. Hard to explain, but other than that i thought it was great.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936094
What kind of a studio was this?

the vocals have that "spacey" kind of sound like they're being sung over a backing track, and the overall quality of it isn't that great.
sorry for the harsh crit, but this doesn't sound like something that you would pay money to get done.

EDIT: was the drummer listening to a click track? it sounds like he's off quite often.

you can crit anything on my profile, but "Crystal" and "Scar Free" are the only things i've put time into mixing/mastering/actually finishing, the others are just quick demos with a friend who wanted to use midi for drums

EDIT 2:I like the female singer's sound in "Agna", as well as the harmonica riffs.

not really a fan of the Rap/Rock stuff, though.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Aug 17, 2008,
^^^thanks for the crit, I will post in your profile
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
^^^thanks for the crit, I will post in your profile

cool man.
but seriously was this a pro studio you went to or what was it?
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quality of the song isn't that bad I think. Not pro-quality (which that makes sense since you didn't go to a pro studio), but better than a lot of recordings that I hear from the bands in my area so kudos to you. And instead of one, why not crit all three songs? Yay!

Chaotic Rage isn't that bad. Kinda reminds me of RATM. It sounds good though. The bass guitar is a bit trebly though. Add more lower range to it.

Agana is a bit of a difference from Chaotic Rage I have to say, though not bad. The percussion sounds a bit weird to me though. It seems a bit far from the mic from the way it sounds.

On Parts of You, the guitar seems a bit too trebly. There's kind of a gap in the mix if that makes sense. You've got the bass bringing up the bottom (which once again, I think it might need to be a bit more bassy) and then the guitar and vocals for the higher stuff but the mids are just kind MIA from the EQ gap.

Hope that helps, I liked Agana the best btw. Crit Mine?
agana gave me a bit of a hawaii vibe, a bit like over the rainbow but more upbeat, the vocals are good, the guitar (or ukalele?) are good and the harmonica adds a nice jist

parts of you: I didn't think the female vocals fitted in this song until the male vocals came in, afterwoods was good, the male vocals are really cool and fitting, they have a cool thing too them, I like the backgrounf guitar, they are a bit repetitive though.

Chaotic Rage: the bass is cool, the guitar riff is good too, I don't like the rap vocals to much although they give a bit of a RATM influence feel. All in all this song fits my tastes more than the other 2.

good work!

crit mine?? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=920047
I'll crit chaotic rage. Nice intro riff, reminded me a bit of Iron Maiden. The little talking bit before the bass fill, which was good by the way, was unneeded and I found it distracting. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, so I'll try to focus more on the instruments. I really like the bass fills under the vocals around 1:20 or so, I actually liked most of the bass in this song a lot and how it was given quite a bit of attention. I mean I'm not a fan of the vocals, but I can see what you were going for so I'd just leave them, instrumentally I liked it, nice job.

C4C? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936402

Thanks