So i know its been discontinued but yet people are still getting this amp. How? I've heard nothing but good reviews on this and i really want to maybe save up for one, but if it's discontinued how do i get my hands on it? I'm not very big on buying from private sellers so....
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Buy used, or get a 6505. 6505 is the exact same circuit as the 5150, they had to change the name because they no longer had a contract with Eddie Van Halen.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
ah dam, the 6505 is so expensive. alrite thanks
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You guys are lucky, we pay double you do

My minty 5150 block letter i got for £500, i remember the days when they were goin for 350!
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You guys are lucky, we pay double you do

I live in Europe too. And i live in a land where we pay 21% VAT, and if im not mistaking that is more than scotland (17% or 19%?).
I bought my 6505 new for €1070. Thats alot more than american prices, but its still not that much.

EDIT: seems like you guys pay 17,5% VAT, so you should be able to get it just below €1000
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Used? I'd love a 5150 but I don't know where to look

I did a google search and guys on forums in scotland were selling them, mine was through ebay. I was lucky tho the guy lived 10 mins away.
Only ones I can find on ebay is a small 5150 combo for £500 and a 6505 for £800. I've kinda sold me JS30RR for £150 and I'm selling my line 6 so I'll have about £350 so I'll have to do a bit of saving
RULE BRITANNIA