I took my friend's advice to try to play with a righty and couldn't do it.

Here is a left handed guitar set I'm looking at:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1277.html

Is it any good? It seems rather inexpensive but I've heard good things about rondomusic

Thanks
Last edited by AD1985 at Aug 17, 2008,
I would rather get the guitar by itself, and get a roland microcube because I dont think that sx amp would do it.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
First things first.

Get a better known brand.
I'm a lefty too, so I'm knowledgeable.

Start of with an Ibanez GRX20L or GRG21L, or a Fender Mexican Stratocaster if you want a whammy bar.
If you don't, start on an Epiphone G400 or Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

As for your amp, don't get MicroCubes, they suck.
Get a Vox or a Kustom, but start small.

Starter packs (Guitar+amp) are never good :P
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
First things first.

Start of with an Ibanez GRX20L or GRG21L, or a Fender Mexican Stratocaster if you want a whammy bar.

You're an idiot. Better known does not equal better quality. And an Agile AL-2000 wipes the floor with ANY Epi besides the Elitists (which is where the AL-3000 comes in).
Quote by Justice4AllOne
First things first.

Oh my god.

First things first.

You're an ignorant douche.

Second of all, my Agile blows those pieces of crap out of the water.

Third of all, Cubes are some of the best practice amps.

Fourth of all, I didn't actually click the link to see if it was an indeed an Agile.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
My SX SST57 Looks and Plays better than all the MIM's I tried out at our local GC. I'm not kidding - it's a sweet Ax. The new stock is coming in with better workmanship, QC, etc. My action was PERFECT - no buzzing - no intonation problems, frets were sweet - hell they felt like they'd been polished. My Pickups and electronics all work nicely and it stays in tune for days on end!

The high-gloss Maple Fretboard is amazing - better than any MIM I tested and sure beats ANY of the SQUIERS I was looking at too. Super Slick and fast as snot!

I put the Whammy back on it now and I use it sparingly but haven't really had any tuning issues doing so.

And my Agile AL-2000 is AS GOOD or BETTER than ALL the Epi Standards I tryed out before I went with the Agile - another KEEPER right outta the box! buy one you'd be amazed at what you get. I paid $159 for my 2000 about 2 years ago on sale (they're $199 now) and $99 2 months ago for my SX - they both look, feel and sound like they cost HUNDREDS more - I fool all my buds when they hear the price! 2 Just bought Agiles and 1 just ordered an SX.

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Aug 17, 2008,
First things first, I know better known doesn't mean better, but for a beginner, a better known low-end guitar is probably the right choice.

And second of all, the MicroCube does suck. Not saying all cubes suck, but MicroCubes suck.
I've used one, multiple times (when no other amp was available to me), and my friend has one, we both agree, MicroCubes are ****.

And third, I had no idea Agiles were that cheap O.o
I always assumed they were a lot more while playing at GC.

So don't call me ****ing ignorant, or a douche.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
You can't even buy agiles at GC, what are you talking about.

Better known low end? Agiles are very well known, at least on these forums.

He should probably go for a low end BC Rich since we know how good those are /sarcasm

Just keep your ignorant opinion to yourself.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
The GC here has a few used ones.

And tbh, Agiles aren't well known outside of UG.

I'll give my opinion in any thread I want, asshole. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I can't talk.

TBH, I don't see how I'm ignorant from thinking MicroCubes suck from my own use, and thinking that it's better for a beginner to get a better known low end guitar.

Oh wait, this is the internet. Voicing an opinion = ignorance. Forgot.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Aug 17, 2008,
I used to think it was good to get THE BEST AX you could afford - to learn on... I now tell everyone who tells me they're thinking of "taking up" the guitar to spend a "minimum" amount as 90% of them will never get anywhere and will drop the idea after a few weeks or months. Most of em will stick it in the closet and forget about learning the guitar... Most guys wanna learn the guitar cause it's "Kewl" or cause it's a "Chick-Magnet", but practicing gets old if that's the only reason you have to learn it...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Ah.

When anyone asks me what they should start on, I recommend mainstream low-end, so they have an idea of the mainstream low end.

If they bought a guitar as good as say, a high end Gibson for the price of a low end, they'd only know the quality of obscurity. They might go out and buy a Squier Bullet for the same price, and be surprised at the ****tyness.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Justice4AllOne
The GC here has a few used ones.

And tbh, Agiles aren't well known outside of UG.

I'll give my opinion in any thread I want, asshole. Just because you disagree doesn't mean I can't talk.

TBH, I don't see how I'm ignorant from thinking MicroCubes suck from my own use, and thinking that it's better for a beginner to get a better known low end guitar.

Oh wait, this is the internet. Voicing an opinion = ignorance. Forgot.

No, voicing your opinion in a constructive fashion = fine

Blatantly stating something sucks and not saying why = stupid and ignorant

I agree that microcubes aren't good, people on this forum say they are great but they are crappy little battery powered amps.

Just because every kid starts out on a strat or epiphone doesn't mean they are the best for the money, especially since lots of epiphones are duds.
Gear
Read my previous post, and you'll understand what I mean.

And btw, not all Epis are duds :P
I play a G400, and it's still nice, and I abuse that thing.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Of course not all are, but I would say 25% of them are.
Gear
Oh, easily.

And, my reasoning for the MicroCube sucking, is that it sells itself, not on sounding good, but a bunch of effects not worth the money you put into it.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
most all new guitarists love the microcube, the Spiders, etc. They're not made for us seasoned old pros... But rather new guys wanting lots of "sounds".
The only plus of the MicroCube is that it's battery operated XD

I hate having to unplug my M-80 every night (it's ungrounded)
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened