So I have a Peavey Valveking 112 and the speaker it has is not that great, bad frequency response.

And I have an old (at least 20 years old) Fender Stage Lead amp, which has a 12" speaker, the same size as the Valveking.

The Valveking's a valve amp (obviously) and the Fender amp is solid state, and to my shock horror, the Fender amp had better tone than my Valveking, the speaker was better too, so I was thinking...

Is it alright to swap the speakers around? I'm pretty sure the Fender amp's 50 watts, the same as my Valveking, I don't want to ruin either speakers as I want to sell my Fender amp to my school.
Quote by prsrulz91
should work out fine
go for it

Do you know any way to figure out the wattage the speaker can take?

EDIT: Just found out that the amp's 100 watts, so I think swapping it to my Valveking should be fine, can anyone confirm?

And I highly doubt it, but, would the Valveking speaker do fine inside the Fender amp?
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Aug 17, 2008,
If you haven't swapped speakers yet, find out what the ohms rating is on the Fender speakers. The VK only takes 16 ohms, as far as I know...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
can anybody tell me what the wattage and resistance of the speakers on a 2-12 Fender Stage Lead 100 watt amp is. I have the amp but it does not have speakers in the cabnet, so I need to know what to use...HELP PLEASE