I am trying to get my microphone to work so I can do a little recording but its not working and i don't know why.

When I go into the audio properties, it'll be working and when i talk into it the little volume bar moves just fine.

But as soon as i try to open ANY program that uses the mic, It automatically mutes the mic in the audio properties, i can unmute it but the same thing just keeps happening over and over again.

Any ideas on a solution?
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
are you using an internal mic, or a shure sm57 or something? and If you're using an external mic, what kind of audio interface are you using? Check all your I/O setting in the preferences for whatever software you're using and all the settings in the system preferences for your OS and make sure they're set for IN=whatever mic your using OUT= your speakers, and whatever else there is to set should be easy to figure out.
Quote by Martindecorum
have u changed the audio input so its running the mic through

Yes.

Quote by guy_tebache
are you using an internal mic, or a shure sm57 or something? and If you're using an external mic, what kind of audio interface are you using? Check all your I/O setting in the preferences for whatever software you're using and all the settings in the system preferences for your OS and make sure they're set for IN=whatever mic your using OUT= your speakers, and whatever else there is to set should be easy to figure out.

Im just using like... a head set with a mic on it.
I've used every combination of mic inputs and speaker outputs.

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Martindecorum
have u made sure in option and audio devices that the mic bus has been activated.

you can also try downloading Asio4all small program that helps with this stuff

I dont know what that is... So i'm guessing i havn't.

I LOVE KENSAI
Are you on Vista.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Martindecorum
ok what program are u using to record
and maybe i can help u out

Audacity.

Quote by rabidguitarist
Are you on Vista.

Yes I am. But I don't think thats the problem since I have two computers with Vista and it works fine on the other.

I LOVE KENSAI