Hey everyone,
Here's the thing. I have this guy asking me if I'll sell my Jackson DXMG with my coffin case. There are two things wrong with the guitar.
1. Theres a small chip in the string saddle where the E & A strings are where the locking nut goes. The chip dosn't effect tuning, restringing, buzz or anything.

2. The 3rd fret on the high 'E' seams that it's dying, meaning it probably just needs a minor fret dress. (atleast I beleive that's all it would need.)

I kind of don't wanna get rid of this guitar, but whatever I were to make off the DXMG would be put towards my USA Jackson funds. Those two things are the only two things wrong with the guitar, besides small play wear from being jammed on daily. Anybody know what I could get for this?

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT SPAM, IT'S NOT MENT TO BE. I'M JUST ASKING FOR ADVICE ON WHAT YOU ALL THINK I SHOULD DO. SORRY IF THIS COMES OFF AS TRYING TO SELL MY GUITAR TO SOMEBODY HERE ON THE BOARD.)
I say.. Pics >;@ Lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Here's the only picture I have uploaded right now. The white stuff on the right side of the guitar is just where I took a sticker off, it's off now though.

Anybody?
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have this guitar listed on craiglist with no set price, telling the buyer to email me with an offer. I put this up yesterday, and I'm getting emails already asking what I want for it. I know the buyer will try to talk me down, so I need to know a good price to start at, which is why I came here to you guys.
First of all you'd probably need to take the sticker off, but that thing is beautiful. Let him see it in person, but I'm afraid I don't know much about prices over there.
RULE BRITANNIA
Taking the sticker off isn't a problem lol. And thanks, it was one of my favorite guitars for a while.
I think you should get at least 300$, but I would try to get 350$ (This if the guitar is in MINT condition except for the saddle)
And dont worry about selling a guitar you like: when you will have the USA, you will forget about this one...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Yeah, I just don't have my mind set on what USA I want lol. KE2, KV2 or possibly a Soloist.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I didn't wanna go to low, cause the guitar was $500 and the case was $85. I took care of this guitar, because it was my favorite for a while. $350 sounds reasonable. I know he'll try to talk me down on the price, so I'll go as low at $300 if I need too.
Its not about what YOU paid. Its about what the guitar costs now. The buyer can get one for 449$ new. So that makes 350$ quite high, and 300 reasonable.
BUT
If you sell it WITH the case, you should ask at least 350 imo...

As for the USA:
you should try them all three, and see which one feels better, sounds better, plays better. Differences will be minor, but they will be there.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I told him $340 OBO with the case, now I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

About the USA's, I've played soloist before and was completely blown away. I never considered getting one though, then I saw your pic and it has me thinking about it. I've always liked Kellys, which has had me wanting a KE2 for a few years now, but I don't know of any local dealers who carry them. Same goes for the KV2's, nobody I know carrys them.
I think around $300 with coffin case at most, most guitars depreciate rather poorly.
You are sure you want to buy a USA new? These axes are bloody expensive. For 1400-1500 you find them second hand. I got one in mint condition. Not even belt ware on the back. Just dont overrush the purchase. Wait a couple of months till you see a nice one for a good price.
But its your money, you do with it whatever you want.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
No, I'm looking for second hand accually, I'm just not sure what I'll be looking for. Also, I'm extremely picky about what I like on a guitar, and all those have there own special feature to me. I love the necks they have as well, necks are very important to me, esspecially because I have carpel tunnel in my left wrist. I'm not one to rush into things. I've been keeping my eye on ebay, craigslist and guitar forums looking to see how much certain ones go in different conditions, just to get an idea. I'm sure that once I find 'the one' I'll be extremely satisfied.

Also, I get what you're saying about mint USA's on ebay and stuff. Theres accually a soloist on ebay right now for $1500 I beleive with not one scratch, dent ect. anywere on it. So I'm deffinatly going to go second hand. Another reason I'll go second hand, besides cash, is that if there ever comes a time for me to sell it, I'm not losing as much.