I think it will be a perfect amp for you..It will be good because it's for the style you play...Tube amp with fender quality...Go for it!
Could anyone tell me if that price seems about right? I'm in Australia, so it will be quite different from US Prices, but that seemed reasonable for the quality specs,
Not a huge fan of bees
i have one of these amps, it is awesome. got to admit that the distortion channel is not brilliant but then i use the clean channel most of the time, it really gives a classic fender sound. for distortion i tend to use a pedal.

price - here in UK they around £500 which equates to about $950 (US), don't know what that is is oz dollars.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
its about 900 in US so its noty bad... i love those amps so im gonna go ahead and say yeah it would do u alot of good
It would be a great amp for you, but you might want to get an OD pedal to go with it.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Jimmy Page overdrive? Not from a HRD directly. Yes you will need a pedal but more importantly, can you get your hands on a Classic 30? It would be better for what you are playing and had decent gain on it's own. (Cleans are good, but not fender cleans). I don't know anything about Oz pricing except you unfortunate people get sodomized on gear. Maybe look used if possible?
Not even close to being voiced for Page tone.

Great clean tone, but the overdrive of that amp is quite rank imo.
+1....yeah, when i think of Page i don't think of Fender amps. Clean yes. Better with OD ...yes. Great amp...yes. Loud as hell...yes. Classic 30 and maybe a few other options should be put on your Long List...and yes to gregs1020 - used gear can be the way.

I got one of those as my first tube amp about 5 years ago. I got it from Allans for around $1250 on sale.

Keep an eye out for a catalogue sale, as the fender hot rods are always in them.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
The Hot Rod is a great amp imo, but you'll never get Jimmy Page type overdrive from it. The OD on it really isn't very good. I use a Tubescreamer with mine and now it sounds great, but for your situation i'd suggest a Vox AC15 or AC30. Very British sounding, should Page fine and although the cleans aren't as good as a fender they're still sweet.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by al112987
Not even close to being voiced for Page tone.

Great clean tone, but the overdrive of that amp is quite rank imo.

+1

really fizzy sound when the gain is cranked. groddy

solid amp for the price though
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
You'd want a pedal for the ideal Page tone but I don't think the drive on the HRD is that bad. Granted i've only tried it a few times but I got usable gain from that drive channel. As far as Page any sort of basic overdrive gets in his ball park, be it the drive channel on an amp or pedal. So the HRD isn't a bad idea, it's a good size has alot of power and others say it takes pedals well so you could just get a dirt pedal for Page.

Though I will say the Peavey Classic 30 is almost ideal for Zep, i've gotten some nice Page overdrive sounds from my Classic 50's lead channel and the covers on youtube done with the Classic 30's sound really close to the original.

The Fender has a bit more upper hand in the cleans perhaps but overall I would choose the Peavey Classic. It's got a darker British tone to it and has decent enough cleans, actually I prefer them to the Fender cleans a bit.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Laney.
I can get the Classic 30 for around $1200AUD here.
Is there any difference between the Classic 30, and the Classic 50 other than the power difference?
Also, what would an AC30 be like? The OD on them more specifically.
Not a huge fan of bees
Quote by Gelato
I can get the Classic 30 for around $1200AUD here.
Is there any difference between the Classic 30, and the Classic 50 other than the power difference?
Also, what would an AC30 be like? The OD on them more specifically.

OD on AC30= Brian May, Rory Gallagher, The Kinks, etc.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Hot-Rod-Deluxe-Amp-100259491-i1145367.gc

isnt that the same amp???? isnt that A LOT cheaper??!?!

or are u not in the states?

EDIT oh....hehe ignore me!!!!!!!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The Hot Rod's sound a bit muddy to me...like they over-do the bass to compensate for a smaller cabinet. The good news is that there are some easy mods you can do to correct the muddiness, change the character of the overdrive, etc.

These amps are inexpensive (in the US, at least), and the ease of modification makes them a great value. Check out this site for additional info:

http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/
The cleans are great for the price. Decent OD can be found with a little tweakage but only for blues or light rock. More Drive channel is pretty much useless. Likes pedals. The Peavey will be better for Page - though didn't he use a little Supro for recording?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet