im thinking of putting in a Seymour Duncan Invader in my Peavey....it was my first guitar and didnt cost much but i honestly thought it wasnt a bad guitar...but now i wanna upgrade it with that awesome humbucker, is it worth it?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
I wanted to do that too but i think it's best to wait a bit longer and then buy a new guitar
no no, go for it.

While you're at it, if it's got paint on it, sand it down and lets see what woods it's made from, unless you already know then put a clear finish on it and then get a warmoth neck
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Quote by SG310user
no no, go for it.

While you're at it, if it's got paint on it, sand it down and lets see what woods it's made from, unless you already know then put a clear finish on it and then get a warmoth neck

If you're gonna do that you might as well just buy a new one

If you like the feel of the guitar and think that you'll probably keep it after you buy another guitar go ahead and upgrade it... otherwise just keep on saving till you get one that's better.

EDIT: Hey, saw that you have a d activator pickup. what's it like? i've been considering buy one along with a paf pro for my les paul.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
go for it! It can onkly improve your guitar, and then, on your next guitar you can put the SD into that one.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
well i already have a JB humbucker in my strat and im keeping the lovely sounding P-90 on my Junior haha. i WAS also thinking of getting a custom strat done and putting the invader on that....but that would cost way too much, its either a new amp, or a custom guitar, i think im gonna go for the amp first, its more important.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158