Would there be a way to find out if your left-handed? I mean i have used my right hand to write all my life and it looks atrocious. I tried with my left-handed and sadly it looks just about the same without practice. I have thought of this many times, it would make since. So simple things in playing my guitar like strumming and other things some people get and i just don't. I am by far not stupid seeing as i am college material, but when i was younger everything just didn't work real well. And of course schools usually 'enforce' the right-handedness in people. I have been clumsy with my hands all my life. Recently i looked up what it said on wiki about this subject. It describes me quite well. I have a love of drawing and guitar playing and both seem to crash no matter how i do, but if i was the other hand all my life that would explain alot. Here is the main question though.

Can someone go all there life right handed and really be left?
Sorry for the long explination and thanks for any help.

p.s. all my life is really just 20 years so.....hehe
Write with your left hand and then try again with your right, see which one is more comfortable and seems more natural to you. I'm left handed and writing with my right seems like i'm trying to write upsidedown behind my back it's so damn awkward.
I write much like Number 7 from "Bench Warmers" I just stare at it and a red beam of letters make their way onto the paper.
Quote by CoreysMonster
where do you live that schools enforce right-handedness? the 1870's?

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
yeah see which just feels "right" (as in not wrong).

or... wait for it.... you could be ambidextrous! or you use different hands for different tasks!

I myself write left handed, play guitar right handed.
Maybe you're ambidextrous (You can use both hands equally well, or almost). I'm ambidextrous, just i choose to use my left hand 100% of the time because everything is faster. I can play right handed guitar (sort of) but i can play a drum kit left or right handed and I'm just as fast either way round.

Maybe you should look into ambidextrous-ism and see if that describes you?
Quote by Samurai Chicken
There are people who are simply "both-handed"...

It's especially useful when fapping

though it seems the TS is "no-handed"

hahahaha!! cwatididthar?????
Ambidextrous: I am not, and nor are you. You just fail, who the hell has to ask if they're left handed?
Put your hands together and close them (your fingers should be interlaced; right finger, then left, then right, etc)...

I've noticed that whichever has the thumb on the inside is usually the one that you feel more comfortable using.

Also... throw an object... your strongest and most accurate hand is probably your best bet. Or if u get thrown something it'll be the one that reacts first.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
By seeing if u fapped on a picture of Jessica Alba!!!

Yes, she's left handed
And hawttt
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Try using your feet.

Who do you think i am? Jimi Hendrix? but seriously. This would determine how i play guitar, if i suck or if i am just undertrained.
what hand you write with isn't really a set thing that is decided when you're born and from then on you're definatly right or left handed.

if forced from a young age to use the 'other' hand you will become, for a lack of a better word, that handed

for example, even though i'm left handed, i write with my left hand, i play guitar left handed, there are still a lot of things that my right hand is the dominant hand, for the sole reason that i've always used my right hand to do it, using a mouse for example, or throwing something

so if you've always written with your right hand, you're right handed, and just have terrible handwriting
Don't be so confused, my handwriting sucks and i'm DEFINATELY left handed. Some people just don't have good handwriting.

My right hand is dominate at some things, playing guitar for example, but that doesn't mean i'm ambidextrous.

LOL

you could be both handed.. or could just have awful handwriting
my handwriting's kinda **** lol, and i don't question f i could be left handed
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
have you trying wanking with right and left? wich one "feels" better?
Quote by Nautkyn
have you trying wanking with right and left? wich one "feels" better?

It's just as sad with both
hmm...

CONGRATS!!!
youre a special fellow, i wish i could wank with left hand and eat chips with the right same time...

pringles.... hmmmm
I write with my left
Use a mouse with my right
Throw with my right
Play the "regular" guitar, but it feels more left handed to me?
Probably more control picking up with my left.

:/
i'm ambidextrous..i write with my right but only cos i sorta learned to...i prefere 2 use my left,u se left to type on key board more.

but no easyest way to tell...when you see a fail,which hand do you facepalm with
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
My friend is a lefty; he draws, writes and does anything else with his left hand, but plays a right-handed guitar. He's been playing for about 5 years, and he's pretty good, so I don't think it affects your skill that much, depending on how long you've been playing I guess.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
yes i am???
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
I'm also left-handed, but play right-handed. It makes a whole lot of more sense i think, since it's your left hand that does most of the work.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by CoreysMonster

I think if you've used your right hand all your life, your pretty much right handed.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

I think if you've used your right hand all your life, your pretty much right handed.

Not necessarily. My dad is technically left handed but because he had to live under communism, his school made him write with his right hand. They would literally tie his left hand to the back of his chair so he'd write with his right hand. So today, he writes with his right hand, but he's able to write with both hands at once if he wanted to, even though he rarely uses his left hand to write.
And he does most other things left handed...
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Not necessarily. My dad is technically left handed but because he had to live under communism, his school made him write with his right hand. They would literally tie his left hand to the back of his chair so he'd write with his right hand. So today, he writes with his right hand, but he's able to write with both hands at once if he wanted to, even though he rarely uses his left hand to write.
And he does most other things left handed...

Repressions a biatch.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Im left handed and there are some things i feel more comfortable doing right handed. Just do whatever feels right lol.
Quote by Zox
I'm also left-handed, but play right-handed. It makes a whole lot of more sense i think, since it's your left hand that does most of the work.

that and how that every guitar out there is pretty much right handed only They need to tell beginners that the guitars are right handed in the title, because I honestly didn't even know it made a difference

this thread is now about how us leftys have to live in a right-hand man's world.
Quote by Samurai Chicken
There are people who are simply "both-handed"...

It's especially useful when fapping

I can't write, play guitar, bat or throw with my left hand (or kick with my left foot) - But in that department, I appear to be ambidextrous