Poll: The new star wars: Should it be a federal crime for george lucas to have made this?
Poll Options
View poll results: The new star wars: Should it be a federal crime for george lucas to have made this?
HELL YEAH.
69 50%
No, the movie was ok. Also, I am a nancy boy. >=(
4 3%
Lamb chops and bacon bits would go good together
64 47%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 2
I hate this movie.

Don't get me wrong, I like animated movies. Kung fu panda is one of my favorites, and Wall-E brought me to tears... but an animated star wars film is like putting ice cream on pizza. Both are great, but you should NEVER mix the two.

Based on a single commercial, I can safely say this movie is total and utter bile.

UGLY B*TCH: My jedi training didn't prepare me for this!!
BABY JABA?: -burp-
UGLY B*TCH: OOOOKKKKAAYYYYY..... *stupid girl voice*
ME: *shoots self in face*

What does UG think?
You have obviously never put ice cream on pizza. If you did, you would change your point of view.
Quote by fretsonfire74
You have obviously never put ice cream on pizza. If you did, you would change your point of view.

This
Nobody had high expectations for it and I doubt any one cared about it or recognizes it as part of the series anyway.
Quote by true_bacon22
Nobody had high expectations for it and I doubt any one cared about it or recognizes it as part of the series anyway.

In a completely unrelated note, I noticed your avatar. Buckethead did the original power rangers theme.

True story.
Basing an entire movie on a 30 second promotional ad is stupid. It fills in the story between episodes 1 and 2, and seeing as you haven't actually seen anything other than this ad, I really doubt you have any idea what its like other than the parts shown in the ad.
It's a marketing technique for animated movies, whether theyre serious or not. Show something funny and you're having a bunch of preteens going because it's s0 ttly liek funi!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
i think its overkill of the series, i think the series is perfect the way it is. might just be another way of george lucas making money off a great story, like how nintendo keeps bringing out newer marioparties, originally good, but after 8 we dont want any more!
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
its just george lucas ****ing up again just like remastering the old movies....sigh...hes running out of ideas obviously
Quote by dann_blood
Basing an entire movie on a 30 second promotional ad is stupid. It fills in the story between episodes 1 and 2, and seeing as you haven't actually seen anything other than this ad, I really doubt you have any idea what its like other than the parts shown in the ad.
It's a marketing technique for animated movies, whether theyre serious or not. Show something funny and you're having a bunch of preteens going because it's s0 ttly liek funi!

I think you can get a valid opinion with a second promotional
EDIT: 30 seconds I mean, sry
Quote by soulflyV
Incorrect.

-slap-

My bad. But he did work on the mighty morphin' power rangers movie soundtrack for a bit, that's what I was thinking of.

Direct quote off the wiki: "Buckethead also has a career writing and performing music for major motion pictures. Some of the films he has worked on include: Saw II, Ghosts of Mars, Beverly Hills Ninja, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, Last Action Hero and the soundtrack of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie."
Looks just a tad ****house...
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
from what my friend told me, it totally ****s up the time line of the series as anakin is apparently made a jedi master.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

this film looks like an embarrasment to the world and i am avoiding it as much as possible
even if he did go after 6 he could still fuck it up because there are many books before and after the movies that are accepted as part of the story line
It won't be good.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

nice GTAIII reference lol, what? you seriosuly thought you could get away with that?

but yea id like to see george lucas be put in a giant human sized microwave.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by The4thHorsemen
even if he did go after 6 he could still fuck it up because there are many books before and after the movies that are accepted as part of the story line

So?
It's his series, his creation, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. Why do people get so pissy about new things?
I'm hardly one of the die-hard SW fans, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. The effects and action in the original trilogy were laughable, and the acting in the prequels was just plain shit. Hopefully this might combine what was best from the rest of the other movies.
Quote by Retro Rocker
So?
It's his series, his creation, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. Why do people get so pissy about new things?
I'm hardly one of the die-hard SW fans, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. The effects and action in the original trilogy were laughable, and the acting in the prequels was just plain shit. Hopefully this might combine what was best from the rest of the other movies.

um... so? 1) effects dont make a movie, storyline and acting does and those had both 2)the effects were genious for the time.

i know george lucas has the right to do whatever he wants and all, but i really really really really dont like george lucas......at all.......forever.....and billy corgan! (fcking twat)
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
It would of been soooo much better if they made a SW film that is set AFTER episode 6. Episode 7 maybe? Can they do this? Like a proper film not animated.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by dann_blood
Basing an entire movie on a 30 second promotional ad is stupid. !

This. I thought Tropic Thunder was going to be horrid from the ad. I couldn't stop laughing.

I think George Lucas is trying to cash out as much as he can, lately.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Original trilogy FTW!
/90's born elitist.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Did you guys know that Gerogie is making a live-action Star Wars series that is going to be released around 2010 and will fill the story between Episodes 2 and 3?
It's not like there is already a whole comic series based on filling that hole.
So does anyone who has actually seen the movie have an opinion on it?
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Clone Wars by Genndy Tartakovsky should have taken this very crappy movie's place as feature length picture.

And better stories. Or even take all those 5 minute shorts and put them all together in the cinema. Would have been a lot lot better.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Am I the only person here who watched the Clone Wars mini-series on cartoon network? That was great! On the other hand, this is SGI and the series was 2D. And the mini-series takes place between episodes 2 & 3 while this one takes place between 1 & 2. And for some odd reason Asajj is after Anikin (sp?) even though she wasn't hired by the sith till the mini-series. Yeah this is going to suck.
I'm not going to watch it because its animated. Star Wars should not be animated. Ever!
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ovenman
Original trilogy FTW!
/90's born elitist.

Ummmm, you realize Star Wars original trilogy was in the 70s
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Saw the advert for it. Made me want to hit myself repeatedly in the face with a sledgehammer. Could be wrong but ehhh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Great setting. Hopefully once Lucas dies and the rights go to someone else we'll get some good movies out of it.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by tayroar
Ummmm, you realize Star Wars original trilogy was in the 70s

No shit, sherlock.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Blatant cash in. As if it was ever going to be any good.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Ovenman
No shit, sherlock.

Lol, well you put /90s born elitism.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Page 1 of 2