So school is starting again the Wednesday for me. Thing is, this year I have been chosen as "godfather" of a class of little 11-12 year olds who are new to the school. Me and my friend have to show them around the campus, visit them 2 twice a week during the break, make sure they feel comfortable etc. etc. etc. On the first day of school we need to play some games with them during a half an hour, so they get to know each other. So far we have thought of sitting in a circle and throwing a small ball around and whoever the ball is thrown to, has to say his/her name and pass on the ball.

We need your help to come up with some good games to play with them.

try to keep the sarcastic replies to a minimum
beer pong?
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by a6l6e6x1

fight club
russian roulette

took the wrods right out of my mouth
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
Quote by xConverge
the ball thing? <I>totally</I> gay

FAIL

also
inb4pedojokes
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
keeeel them ......

honestly though just let them get to know each other in a normal way, those games are always just uncomfortable for everyone.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
honestly though just let them get to know each other in a normal way, those games are always just uncomfortable for everyone.

this ^
its very awkward being forced top play a game with a loada people you don't know
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by tommyt
keeeel them ......

They are, but he's been told he has to.

I think you should "buddy them" up. And make them do some sort of activity, a presentation or play of somesort?
Don't do that thing with the ball. Just go round in a circle and ask their names. It's waaay simpler and much less uncomfortable.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Ball game seems cool. Also you can have them ask each other questions once they all mentioned their names.

In speech class and in my college orientation my class got a bingo sheet and we had to find someone who fitted the description per square (ie: youngest son, has a motorcycle, a tattoo). Of course, you'll have to do more appropriate descriptions.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Just introduce them to facebook, myspace and msn. As a surprise you can show them UG as soon as they turn 14
hey guys they are 11, and 12 years old...

make the quija board and scare the **** out of them!

or just donate some dil... forget it
Quote by Samurai Chicken
Just introduce them to facebook, myspace and msn. As a surprise you can show them UG as soon as they turn 14

14? They only need to be 13!!!

just put them in group of like 5 and have them try and build a tower out of like newspaper and tape or sutin,give the winners a prize...them sorta team building crap usually works
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
haha, sucks for you especially since I just noticed that I'm at the same school.. (and for me school starts thursday )

But I'd say, just let everyone say two or three things about himself, these games to get to know each other are usually lame..
Quote by evening_crow

I wouldn't risk their mental health by showing them the Pit a year earlier. Also, most of the 13 year olds I've seen on UG have been annoying pricks.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by evening_crow

And I'm 17, and I still find some pretty scary **** here daily! Believe me, the later the better
Quote by centorium
just put them in group of like 5 and have them try and build a tower out of like newspaper and tape or sutin,give the winners a prize...them sorta team building crap usually works

That's cool, although straws are funner and much more inexpensive. I remember doing this for some technology competition in middle school. It had to be able to hold an egg at the very top for like 5 seconds or something.

write everybodies name on a piece of paper, then call someone to sit facing every1 else, next tape the paper with a random name on the guys forhead, the guy then asks questions about the person (name on paper) and so on...
Quote by thedefrockednun
write everybodies name on a piece of paper, then call someone to sit facing every1 else, next tape the paper with a random name on the guys forhead, the guy then asks questions about the person (name on paper) and so on...

At least it's not a race taped on them.

Anyone who gets it receives e-cookie.

Quote by Kamikaze21
haha, sucks for you especially since I just noticed that I'm at the same school.. (and for me school starts thursday )

But I'd say, just let everyone say two or three things about himself, these games to get to know each other are usually lame..

you go to rämibühl aswell?

so I just checked the student list again and it looks like the age is more like 12-13...
this is gonna be so akward...
The ball game isn't gay. It's boring. And I doubt it will get them remember each others' names.

Do this: Have them make a line. Then have each one say their name AND the names of the people that were BEFORE them, starting from one end of the line. If you reach the line's end, shuffle the line and do it again. And if someone says a wrong name or leaves a name out, they have to start again(the one person needs to start again by saying the first person's name, the second person's name and so on up to him/herself)

As an example: We have 5 kids standing in a line in this order: Carl, Joe, Tiffany, Friederich and Catherine
So you tell Carl to start. Carl needs to say only his name. Then it's Joe's turn. He needs to say Carl's name AND his name. Then comes Tiffany and she needs to say Carl's name, THEN Joe's name and ONLY THEN her own name. Now when Friederich comes and says Joe, Carl, Tiffany, he needs to start again because Carl was first and Joe was second, not the other way around.

This is a fairly simple game and if you want, you can make circles and squares instead of lines so that the kids could actually see each other better and that helps to remember the name and connect it to the right face easier(because in a line everyone will be leaning forward to see the person's face and the ones in the back might have a trouble seeing the guys and girls in the front unless they take a step or two forward and then lean forward to see)
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

when i was a fresman orientator we did the same thing... make a paper stick and stand in a circle and someone stands in the middle (holding the stick) and after everyone learns eachothers names they have to call out someone else'e nam before the person in the middle hits them with the paper stick and the person who gets hit goes to the middle