Ok ...so I had a friend over the other night ...and we were jamming on a
few songs, after we finished as we were about to head out for a walk
I gently placed my acoustic against the wall and got ready to leave .
And he was like, "are you gonna leave your guitar up against the wall like that ?".
I said thats what I usually did and the horror with which his eye balls popped out ...
gosh ...I was wondering what all the fuss was about . He just took off on this
lecture about how bad care can damage your instrument ...

So I got back home later that day and read up some stuff on taking good care of
your instrument. Now coming to my point....one thing I could not decide on was where
to keep the instrument ..so what is the best place to store your instrument ? ..
a stand is definitely not the one ...I felt that hard cases are the best option ...
aren't they ?. I guess my real questions are

Are there any drawbacks to storing the instrument in a hard case ?
or any important things I should aware of ? , is it ok to leave the hard case
leaning against a wall with the instrument inside it or is it better fat on its back on the floor ? (in the case of acoustic and electric guitars)
Easily hardcases mate. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't lean my guitar against the wall sometimes.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
well... i got creative in wood work a few years ago and made a cabinet for mine, its like, a real cabinet, but fitted out for guitars.

keeps them out the way etc.
*Enter Sig Here*
since i love my gibson les paul, i have it in a hardcase, my **** ibanez is on a stand
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by Hale_91
well... i got creative in wood work a few years ago and made a cabinet for mine, its like, a real cabinet, but fitted out for guitars.

I'd like to see some pics of that

I just put them on stands, but when i go out and have them i'll keep them in a gig bag. I always put the gig bag on top of a bed, lean it against a corner, or on the floor so that it won't just fall on its own.

My acoustic is always inside a gig bag but that's because it's so ****ty i haven't bothered touching it in like 3 years.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
if you put that guitar in a hardcase your hardly gonna play the thing buy a wall hanger or a stand
Quote by Hale_91

is that like a closed shelf which cuts out sunlight
I have mine hanging on the wall, but it's not very valuable. I haven't yet decided what I'm gonna do when my expensive guitar arrives.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by urf_
I have mine hanging on the wall, but it's not very valuable. I haven't yet decided what I'm gonna do when my expensive guitar arrives.

+1

I have mine on wall-hangers, it's safe and easy access aswell
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I just have mine in a hard case on a storage thing. It's hard to explain.

It's like a table but you store things underneath it in little compartments.

Hard cases are the safest. It also keeps dust of it and keeps the hardware looking 'newer' for longer - assuming that you clean the guitar too.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
My Epiphone Explorer lives in a hard case. The rest of my guitars live on the top bunk of my bed.
wall hangers for me cept my Gibby SG faded which lives in a hard cases cause if i keep it out the neck or somin like that will warp and get a ****ed up.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
wall hangers for me cept my Gibby SG faded which lives in a hard cases cause if i keep it out the neck or somin like that will warp and get a ****ed up.

Wall Hangers are pretty good. I have my RR on one of them.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
My Squire is on a stand, and after 3 years of not being in a case, it looks like it got it's ass whupped in a UFC match.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Either get a hard case or a stand. Or both.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I usually have my Ibanez sitting on the second part of my bed, it's done no harm after nearly two years, my Carvin usually resides in her case or on the floor resting on her back.
Mine are always in their cases or on a stand if I'm using them.
I remember visiting some friends a while ago and he got out his Les Paul to show me, he was telling me how he seearched for one in this specific colour for ages.
Later that evening he lent it against a kitchen unit and it fell over snapping the head. He looked like he was gonna cry. I think I would've if it was one of my guitars.
Definately a lesson learnt.

Regards
Delboy
the best place to store you guitar is your fridge obv.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Quote by necrophagist!
the best place to store you guitar is your fridge obv.

Work at a grocery store, keep it in the giant freezer. They always say to keep an axe in there in case the door shuts on you.
on a guitar stand for me. no harm yet. if it's a nitrocellouse laquer, cover you stand in cloth because the rubber will wear through the guitar