Ok, so I bought a 2nd hand guitar of my brothers friend, aswell as a marshall valvestate amp.

Anyway, the guitar looks great, and its a dream to play on compared to my other one, except a couple of things. Keep in mind, I changed strings yesterday to elixir super light, never tried those before.

1: When I bend after the 12th fret on the G, B, and E strings, some of the notes go silent after a certain amount of bend. Like, I bend upwards and the sound vanishes. What can be done to fix this?

2: Particularly when I bend, which also was an issue on the other guitar, is that it goes really fast out of tune, and lets just say thats annoying.

3: I hear it the best when its clean, but I think its all the time. Anyway, what happens is when i hit a string hard on any fret, it makes some sort of a clicking accompanied with the note. I guess it gets worse the the higher I go.

Its an Epiphone Les Paul Classic with pretty low action, but it does not buzz, so I'm hoping the action is not the problem.

Can you help me?
Might be the bridge, might be your not pressing hard enough to sound patronising :P

how old is the guitar?

It could be the new strings, restring it with some decent strings and see if it still happens :P
Get the frets re-dressed. Get the truss rod adjusted. Get some Nut sauce for the nut, Restring the guitar with a locking method if that hasn't been done already. And as for the clicking noise, I'm not sure. My LP does it too.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by -metalhead-

1: When I bend after the 12th fret on the G, B, and E strings, some of the notes go silent after a certain amount of bend. Like, I bend upwards and the sound vanishes. What can be done to fix this?

I have the same problem with my LP studio. Why does it do that?
That particular guitar is actually 7 years old, so its a veteran. I know I press hard enough down on the strings, so my playing is not the problem. Wow, that sounded smug, sorry.

Anyway, if it helps, the Elixir strings seem very soft compared to D'Addario, but they are more comfortable.

Do you think I should take it to a guitar store and get them to help me with it? I'll google some of Moe's stuff first.
Quote by -metalhead-
That particular guitar is actually 7 years old, so its a veteran. I know I press hard enough down on the strings, so my playing is not the problem. Wow, that sounded smug, sorry.

Anyway, if it helps, the Elixir strings seem very soft compared to D'Addario, but they are more comfortable.

Do you think I should take it to a guitar store and get them to help me with it? I'll google some of Moe's stuff first.

Yeah, I'd take it to a guitar store. They should be able to help you out easily.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by MrTin
I have the same problem with my LP studio. Why does it do that?

Your action on the guitar is too high.

I got my DK2M set up and when I got it back it did the same thing so I took it back and he adjusted the action and it was fine.

If you changed the strings yesterday then obviously give it time to set in.

Lighter strings will go out of tune much easier. You should go as thick as you can handle for a better tone and better reliability.

Either have a go at changing the action yourself or take it in to a shop.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
You should consider having a tech set-up the guitar for you...that way you don't mess with anything and make it worse.

Well...He can mess about with it....

...as it's only the action (IMO) that needs changing I think it's worth adjusting it yourself first. Look up some guides on google and see what you can do. It doesn't matter if you take it as it is now or if you fail at doing it yourself it's is still gonna cost you same.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Allright, thanks for the help people, it is much appreciated. I'll probably bring it the next time I'm in the vicinity of a guitar store.

Also, I'll let the strings set in better before I make up my mind about this.