Hey, i was looking at the digitech whammy 4 pedal. Its going for around £120 and i was wondering if anyone who has had any experiences with it (owned or used it). I was watching a few youtube videos and it looks fun, but are the effects usable or would it get old easily?, would it destroy some of the tone???????

Thanks
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
it does make your tone a bit crappy if left on but you dont notice if your pitchshifting and it has a bypass so when youre not using it just turn it off and its fine. You wont regret buying one it has so many different things you can do with it its amazing.
Last edited by jolleymuse at Aug 17, 2008,
the novelty wears off extroadinarily fast

money is better spent on a new amp methinks
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Had one. Liked it for a couple of months. Effect started started sounding annoying to my ear, so I got rid of it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i love my Whammy IV to death. i've had it for over a year now, i still love it.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I got one a few months ago and I use it all the time. I suppose it depends on the sort of thing you like to play.

I rarely use any of the harmonising effects other than +/- octave though.

As long as you switch it off when you aren't using it it doesn't have any audible effect on the tone.
Ive been playing 2 and a bit years now so sorry if i came off a little noobish in the first post

I am into morello muse and buckethead, i love experimental music soo much, i recently added an EHX metal muff to my colection, and a peavey valveking 212 and a new guitar are soon to be got. Thanks for those opinions guys, keep 'em coming.

Is the pedal relieable??
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
If your are rage fan then it is a must have, if not then you better think whether you'd use it or not. Its is incredibly reliable, it has the feel of something you could drop off a cliff and it would still work, not cheap plastic, its all chunky metal
I had one but I got rid of it cause no-matter what I did it just sounded like I was trying to be Tom Morello

Also bear in mind that it needs it's own powersupply, as it requires AC voltage... This was another irritation for me cause it meant I had to have an extension lead on my pedalboard just to have a pedal on it that took up loads of space and I had no use for...

My advice would be to try one for a bit and think hard about if you'll actually use it
the power supply comes with it though so that doesnt really matter, and a lot of pedals have power supplys so it not like its just the whammy
i had one, it was great, i could get a nice chorus effect out of it with the detune effects, the harmonizing had some good qualities too but it got kinda messy with chords, then the pitch shifting was nice but that effect was better in moderation, but the octave or two down was really useful for doing basslines with my guitar when i didn't have a bass to use for recording, it's a good pedal with a bunch of different uses, especially the harmonizing, it's really good for solos since the single notes sound really good once you find the right harmonizing setting

edit: it is also a very reliable pedal, as soon as you get it you can tell, with the metal case and all, i had mine over two years and never had a problem with it electrically or physically
Last edited by atthedrive-thru at Aug 17, 2008,