I bought some new strings about a week ago (D addario .10 - .42) and last night my low E string just broke on me, then to make it even worse, just now my high e snapped . I cannot buy new strings today because its a Sunday..of all days! I'm worried about the tension on the neck because its been left overnight without the low E and now will be left another day and night without a low E and a high e. Do you think it will be OK until tomorrow?
just NEVER buy D'addario strings, i had the same problem, my high E broke first, and after that my A string broke :S
i always use daddario strings and i never ever have broken any string that had less than 3 months of use.
dont worry about the neck. its a guitar, the tension is not that much, now with bass its a diferent story
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
do you have any guitar centers around? The one near me is open on sundays.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
its just that time of the year
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
i used to use them, but they always seem to break on me (however i have yet to break a low E, an A, or a D) so i switched back to using ernie balls.
I find D'Addario strings last much longer than Ernie Ball strings, but lack the brightness.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
My last set of D'addarios where great. i suppose i just got a bad pack. ill still buy D'darrios, but if this happens again....
I have some ddarrios break but only after a few weeks of playing. Been pretty good strings. But its always good to have an extra set or 2 of strings around for these kinds of things. Never sure why people have 1 set of strings the set on their guitar.
I use those strings ^ and strings at my guitar shop are about the same as $12 a set and at the time i didn't want to spend so much.
i have never broken a Daddario string. i love them.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC