Orange
Diezel
Engl
1. i'm sure it's uber expensive
2. any schecter 7 string is probably better
3. if you want one with a "metal" shape like that get the xiphos 7 string
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
It's overpriced, has shoddy quality parts and components. There's far better out there for the money, check out the Ibanez RG1527 or the Schecter Loomis sig or Hellraiser 7, I guarantee you they will both blow the Razorback out of the water.
Last edited by webbtje at Aug 17, 2008,
Then why are you commenting? This is a message board, not a chatroom. You don't have to feel obliged to answer to every thread on the front page if you actually haven't got anything to contribute.
If you want to help Dean pull a few more bucks out of Dime's corpse then go ahead and buy this guitar
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.
Quote by webbtje
It's overpriced, has shoddy quality parts and components. There's far better out there for the money, check out the Ibanez RG1527 or the Schecter Loomis sig or Hellraiser 7, I guarantee you they will both blow the Razorback out of the water.

EMG's are shoddy? Grover tuners are shoddy? Dude please.

To the TS try all the guitars mentioned then you can make an informed decision

Quote by holyzombiejesus
If you want to help Dean pull a few more bucks out of Dime's corpse then go ahead and buy this guitar

Dimes family also gets some cash so I really don't have a problem with that.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
^A car put together poorly is a poor car, even if it is made of Ferrari parts.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Thank you deady.

I do not trust any guitar which is double the price of its components despite Dean's rep for awful workmanship. EMGs and Grovers nonwithstanding, they're usually poor body wood, and if that's one of Dean's LFRs then it's not even worth bothering. It'll crumble into dust within a couple of years.
I've got 4 Deans and they all have great build quality. And my oldest 1 is 1996. really nice tone
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by scott58

A guitar is more than pickups and tuners...
Crappy potentiometers? Crappy wiring? crappy bridge? Crappy materials? Crappy plastic nut? Crappy selector switch?

And EMG's are a perfect cover for bad guitars. A broom with EMG's sounds the same as a high class les paul with EMG's.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by scott58

To the TS try all the guitars mentioned then you can make an informed decision

Dimes family also gets some cash so I really don't have a problem with that.

It's called 'shoddy', because there are better guitars for the money. Grover tuners aren't the best tuners, there are better. I agree that the TS should try all those guitars, but I agree he can get better. for only a fraction of the price, rather than paying for a Dean which is probably overpriced, and not even made of 'real' mahogany.

And everything done with Dime's sigs are ran by Rita first, and she gives the okay for them to make the sigs. Her and Dean just procceed to cash in on his death, which is somewhat sickening. Don't feel the need to defend Dean guitars just because you spent your money on one.
maybe step up from the $200 range. None of my deans have a plastic nut and build quality is par for guitars in the $600 to $800 range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Maybe your guitar doesnt, but the razorback does, and no, the built quality is not on par with its price category.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
My Dean isn't exactly the best thing. If I was smarter at the time I purchased it, I would have gotten some different, better and for almost have the price. The only descent thing Dean makes is there USA guitars, but with that price tag I'd rather save some more get a ESP or Jackson that would put any the Dean to shame.

EDIT-
WOAHH! $1250 for that thing?!
You know how many guitars you could get for that price that would **** all over the Dean any day of the week?
Last edited by caraluzzo at Aug 17, 2008,
Scott, the Razorbacks would not be so expensive if they didn't have Dime's name on it to attract all the 14 year olds who are just getting into metal. There's a reason they're generally disliked. For guitars of their price range, they are shoddily built, and that's about all there is to it.
Quote by LP_CL
Maybe your guitar doesnt, but the razorback does, and no, the built quality is not on par with its price category.

i haven't seen a sig guitar yet that's on par with the price category. Dean or otherwise and i don't buy sig guitars, but there certainly seems to be a market for them. I'm not a fan of the razorbacks but i have picked up a few and they are better then what some posters would have you believe.

Edit: Here's the thing it's all subjective anyway. When i bought my first guitar i had a fair bit of money with me. I picked my Dean Icon over a $1800 Gibson. I had the cash and it wasn't an issue The dean felt better in my hands and it sounded better. 3 years later i still haven't regretted that choice (if i did i'd go buy a gibson). If you like the sig's buy the sig's that's what they are there for. But try before you buy. What one person likes another may not.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Aug 17, 2008,
The Jeff Loomis sig is reasonably priced, and is a 7 string. How do you like them apples?

And you liking Dean's guitars doesn't change the fact that overall, they are of poor quality. The fact that you may have found a diamond among their turds doesn't mean anything.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
The Jeff Loomis sig is reasonably priced, and is a 7 string. How do you like them apples?

Never played one so i don't know. We're done here.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
i haven't seen a sig guitar yet that's on par with the price category. Dean or otherwise and i don't buy sig guitars, but there certainly seems to be a market for them. I'm not a fan of the razorbacks but i have picked up a few and they are better then what some posters would have you believe.

Edit: Here's the thing it's all subjective anyway. When i bought my first guitar i had a fair bit of money with me. I picked my Dean Icon over a $1800 Gibson. I had the cash and it wasn't an issue The dean felt better in my hands and it sounded better. 3 years later i still haven't regretted that choice (if i did i'd go buy a gibson). If you like the sig's buy the sig's that's what they are there for. But try before you buy. What one person likes another may not.

What Gibson model was that, and how many of them did you try? Gibson is known for being hit or miss, and their quality control isnt something you always want to be compared with.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Don't remember, some kind of les paul they wanted $1800 for, but did try several gibsons that day and about 30 others, maybe the other guys right I just got a good dean, but now i have a few of them and once you get into the +$600 range I like Deans. Just my opinion.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by LP_CL
A guitar is more than pickups and tuners...
Crappy potentiometers? Crappy wiring? crappy bridge? Crappy materials? Crappy plastic nut? Crappy selector switch?

And EMG's are a perfect cover for bad guitars. A broom with EMG's sounds the same as a high class les paul with EMG's.

good call, but that is true of a lot of guitars, not just dean.
dude, you could get 2 top of the line schecters for that price, also at a lot higher quality.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by scott58
I've got 4 Deans and they all have great build quality. And my oldest 1 is 1996. really nice tone

Somebody knows what they're talking about..

+1
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW