Hello my dears.

Yes, I googled it and sadly it seems that making sense about this issue just isn't what most people were going for.

I'm wanting to fly from Birmingham to Aberdeen near the end of September, never you mind why! Stop it. Stop judging me!

Anyway, I found some rather tasty deals on a website, but I can't figure out if I need a passport or just some photo ID (such as a citizen card).

Anyone done this and know what I need?

Thank you darlings.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
You'll definitely need a passport
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
You need a passport... Walk you lazy bastard
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
What they said. I believe they only accept a passport as id at airports now.
easyjet and bmibaby accept drivers license or citizin cards. Well at least they did last year wen i flew from belfast to manchester.
I always take a passport for any kind of flying, but I think valid ID is usually fine internally.
You have to have a passport now. When i've done UK domestic (and domestic flights in other countries) you have to have one.

Common sense to take it anyway in case you need it anyway, tbh =D
Quote by jaspep
easyjet and bmibaby accept drivers license or citizin cards. Well at least they did last year wen i flew from belfast to manchester.

Yeah that's what I thought. I saw a list earlier of acceptable ID to fly within the UK, but I don't know if it depends on the airline of the airport.

faultyy, I'd love to walk but I'm aiming to spend some time there! Holidays from work are precious and few!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

just get a passport? guaranteed travel now and guaranteed world travel for the next few years. win win.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
technically you should only require valid photo ID for flying anywhere within the EU - however in practice i've found i need my passport every time. better to be safe and take your passport.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Yeah that's what I thought. I saw a list earlier of acceptable ID to fly within the UK, but I don't know if it depends on the airline of the airport.

faultyy, I'd love to walk but I'm aiming to spend some time there! Holidays from work are precious and few!

Walk faster? Go on, you know you want to
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
Walk faster? Go on, you know you want to

If you pay for my time off work I'll do it gladly and make you a video diary of my travels. Can I atleast get a lift to Yorkshire from my dad?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by daniel.mycoe
If you pay for my time off work I'll do it gladly and make you a video diary of my travels. Can I atleast get a lift to Yorkshire from my dad?

Only if he carries you... No cars.

Done, just leave the viedo in a phone box, somewhere near Manchester on the way back and I'll get your cash to you within 14 working days.

Quote by faultyy
Only if he carries you... No cars.

Done, just leave the viedo in a phone box, somewhere near Manchester on the way back and I'll get your cash to you within 14 working days.

What about my expenses on the way up? I guess I can drop by manchester on the way back, Picadilly station a good place to trade the goods?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

I think you can use driving licence or a warrant card rather than a passport if its a UK/Ireland/Channel Islands flight...

I think...

Best to be safe and use your passport...or ring the airline and check?
Quote by urbanfox
I think you can use driving licence or a warrant card rather than a passport if its a UK/Ireland/Channel Islands flight...

I think...

Best to be safe and use your passport...or ring the airline and check?

That's a good plan. Who is it who makes the decision though? Is it the airline taking you or the company you got the tickets off?
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

The airline...
I'd imagine you'd buy your tickets from the airline you're flying with though?
Quote by urbanfox
The airline...
I'd imagine you'd buy your tickets from the airline you're flying with though?

Nah I've found a return from Brum to Aberdeen for less than £50 on flybo or something like that. I think they just find the cheapest flights like a search engine and give you the results.

I think I'll have to get a passport then just to be on the safe side. Plus then I'll have ID for when I'm off to the pub. Just expensive though.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Flybo?

You sure you don't mean Flybe...as in the airline, Flybe...?

Either way, when you book it, you'll find out which airline the flight is with, so you'll be able to ring them.
Quote by urbanfox
Flybo?

You sure you don't mean Flybe...as in the airline, Flybe...?

Either way, when you book it, you'll find out which airline the flight is with, so you'll be able to ring them.

That's the fella, Flybe. I thought the name was too stupid to be an airline.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

No, tis the name of the airline.

http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/1checkin.htm

Domestic/Republic of Ireland travel

* A valid passport
* An expired passport (can be used on domestic flights for up to two years after expiry)
* Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card
* Valid photographic driving licence
* Valid armed forces identity card
* Valid police warrant card/badge
* Valid airport employees security identity pass
* A child on parent’ s passport is an acceptable form of ID
* CitizenCard
* Valid photographic firearm certificate
* Valid Government-issued identity card
* SMART card
* Electoral identity card
* NUS cards photographic (National Union of Students)
* Photographic University/College ID card
* Company ID cards of Nationally recognised companies (photographic)
* Council issued bus pass (Senior Citizens only)
* Pension book (as only acceptable form of non-photographic identification)
Quote by urbanfox
No, tis the name of the airline.

http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/1checkin.htm

CitizenCard is on there, I think I'll have to give them a bell to make sure nearer the time. Nah too lazy, I'll find an email address to send my queries to.

Thank you for your help!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by urbanfox
No problem... I'm bored and have nothing better to do

And you live in Birmingham ay. I have some pots that need washing.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by BlackLuster
You'll definitely need a passport

Just a photo ID. I flew from Aberdeen with nothing but a 16-25 railcard.