HELP!
I can't figure it out
This will Mess With Your Head.
>
> 3 MEN GO INTO A HOTEL.
>
> THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30
>
> SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.
>
> A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25
>
> SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5.
>
> ON THE WAY THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY
> BETWEEN 3 MEN,
>
> SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF.
>
> THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A
> TOTAL OF $27
>
> ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.
>
> WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?
>

Tim
Maybe the dollar was a tip to the bellboy?

Or...

Wait that sounds wank.

Quote by AAAARRRGGGGHHH!
the dude behind the desk has it

Isn't that too obvious?
Quote by urbanfox
Tis a conundrum wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by mystery...

I heard this very recently.... Source?
You're an idiot. 24 is three ways if they each paid 8. It was 25, therefore one extra dollar was paid.
Quote by Jackolas
Maybe the dollar was a tip to the bellboy?

Or...

Wait that sounds wank.

Isn't that too obvious?

well there was 30 and then the five was split between the 4 of them one person getting 2
1 for one of the guys that paid
1 for another
1 for another
2 for the bellboy and the 25 left for the dude behind the desk
1+1+1+2+25=30
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
Quote by archangels666
No, they didn't pay nine dollars each for the room. They just think they did. They paid 25 collectively, got three back, and the bellboy took two.

25+3+2=30.

Thanks, have a cookie

Quote by merfsullivan
You're an idiot. 24 is three ways if they each paid 8. It was 25, therefore one extra dollar was paid.

Who mentioned 8?
Quote by archangels666
No, they didn't pay nine dollars each for the room. They just think they did. They paid 25 collectively, got three back, and the bellboy took two.

25+3+2=30.

Isn't that just misinformation? I thought there would be some really clever conclusion to this.
Quote by Jackolas
I heard this very recently.... Source?

I can't remember, I heard it somehwere a while ago.
Quote by archangels666

25+3+2=30.

This man KNOWS his stuff xD

Thats the answer
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
They didn't pay 25 collectively.
They paid 30 collectively, got 3 back
so they paid 27 collectively, and the other 2 that should be subtracted off 27 is in the bellboy's pocket.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by _Tim_
Who mentioned 8?

I believe it was you who mentioned they split the room evenly when paying 25. That is not even as the nearest amount to an even three way split would be 24, which would be if they each paid 8. But they didn't split it three ways. That's where it becomes immediately obvious where the extra dollar is.
Quote by merfsullivan
I believe it was you who mentioned they split the room evenly when paying 25. That is not even as the nearest amount to an even three way split would be 24, which would be if they each paid 8. But they didn't split it three ways. That's where it becomes immediately obvious where the extra dollar is.

No. Evenly when paying 30.
They then got 5 back, $1 each, and the bellboy kept 2. They paid $27 collectively with the bellboy keeping $2.
Quote by asfastasdark
They didn't pay 25 collectively.
They paid 30 collectively, got 3 back
so they paid 27 collectively, and the other 2 that should be subtracted off 27 is in the bellboy's pocket.

this man is right. the 2 from the bellboy should be subtracted from the 27, not added
Quote by merfsullivan

...they initially payed 30 though, he realised it was 25 later
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
all the ? is doing is switching the order of operations...and their all paying $9 and a third for the room
A ship in a harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were made for.
the riddle counts the bellboy's $2 twice, once in the 27, and then adding it again to get 29.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.