hi i'm a beginner that really in metal, but heard classic will help u alot what are some good band?
I would say the opposite actually. I didnt learn much from classic rock, while metal REALLY progressed my playing. If you start learning Metallica solos, your playing will improve greatly, at least it worked for me. But 2 classic rock songs that really helped me were Stairway and Hotel California.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
acdc, led zeppelin, thin lizzy, the who, the rolling stones, cream, aerosmith, zz top etc......
Quote by sacamano79
I would say the opposite actually. I didnt learn much from classic rock, while metal REALLY progressed my playing. If you start learning Metallica solos, your playing will improve greatly, at least it worked for me. But 2 classic rock songs that really helped me were Stairway and Hotel California.

There's nothing worse than hearing someone with minimal ability trying to play Metallica solos.
Hey, I'm Mike.
oh shoulda posted this cause its relevent to me too!
from what i just found out; I was having trouble tabbing out songs by myself... and then i tried to tab out this ol 70's classic rock song and it was REALLY easy if u just guess and check it. and then i went around and tried to tab out another classic rock song and that was easy too. SO, what i gained was studying classic rock really helped my ear training. but thats about it, if u want to learn skills go elsewhere (back to metal).