choice between a washburn d20sb and a yamaha fg730s....$200 for the yamaha or $250 for the washburn?...acoustics arent my area but i want something to knock around
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
that washburn is a good guitar?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
^ I can't find any info about that specific washburn, but I do own a D10s.

In my opinion, most of the lower end Yamahas, are better than most of the low end Washburns.

I would get the Yamaha.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
^ I can't find any info about that specific washburn, but I do own a D10s.

In my opinion, most of the lower end Yamahas, are better than most of the low end Washburns.

I would get the Yamaha.

same guitar as yours...only in black...and what dont you like about urs?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Yamaha! I tried a couple of Washburn's, sounded great too, just prefered the looks of the Yamaha.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
I just got home from Guitar Center with my new FG730s, and it is just a beautiful guitar.
I tried the seagull original S-6 and a few Takamine's in the $300-400 price range and the Yamaha just blew them away. Very deep, warm lows and crisp highs.

The Seagull was good for sure, but as the guitar pro mentioned, they have a unique sound (mid-range to high) that you would have to be looking for in your guitar.

I wanted the richness and warmth that the spruce and rosewood yamaha has. You will be very happy with the 730.
well i went to buy the guitar and he showed up with an FG700s...he said he didnt know...the model number is written really big in the sound hole...needless to say, i didnt buy it
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I know the FG700s is listed at $199. You mentioned that the FG730s was $200 when you originally posted and I just paid $270 for mine yesterday, it was $300, but they gave me 10% off.

Are you sure you were quoted $200 for the 730? It seemed awfully low.

You will be happy with the 730, believe me.