Alright well I didn't real know where to ask so I figured this would be the place. I've seen a couple interesting amps for sale.

One I have been considering is a Marshall 1987x Plexi. However it is moded with a new hand wired PTP circuit board from Metro amps, an external bias contanct point (no idea what that means), and a Rich Mod master volume circuit.

Now, another one I've been looking at is a vintage 1968 Marshall JMP 50 Watt Plexi. I believe the 68 JMP is all stock equipment. It was recently serviced though.

My main guitar is an 08 Les Paul Classic. So my question is:

Which amp would be better for rock & roll/hard rock covers, and most importantly, creating my own sound for original songs in my band?
Get the plexi, with that amp you can get a bigger variety of sounds, it has a good crunch for your rock covers.
why do you want old marshalls... souldnt you come up with sumthing... a little... more...
anyways whats ur budget. if its like 2grand or more, im positive you could find sumthing way better than that.
Quote by Koove
Get the plexi, with that amp you can get a bigger variety of sounds, it has a good crunch for your rock covers.

They're both plexis though... :p
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by enselmis
why do you want old marshalls... souldnt you come up with sumthing... a little... more...
anyways whats ur budget. if its like 2grand or more, im positive you could find sumthing way better than that.

Both amps prices are under 2k, under 1.5k. My budget is around there.
if your in the uk look at the cornell plexis they are based on them, with worthwhile upgrades
Quote by stewart91
if your in the uk look at the cornell plexis they are based on them, with worthwhile upgrades

In the States. :S
Hm, now I also see a nice Silver Jubilee 2558 for sale. Might go with that.