Hey all.

I'm going to town tuesday and I'm getting a new amp. I can get either a used 5150 combo for $700, a used marshall JCM 2204 50 watt head ( canadian model if that makes a difference) with a 2x12 marshall cab loaded with vintage 30's for $1000 or a brand new Kustom 36 coupe for $1130. I have played the peavey and kustom and thought that they were both nice amps but I have never played the marshall. I will be using the amp to play bar shows with my cover band. We play stuff from the beatles, Zeppelin, The cars, and a lot of older stuff so the amp needs to be pretty versatile and a good clean Channel is important. I guess I'm just asking if you were in my position what amp would you choose? Oh yea I'll be playing either epiphone slash snakepit les paul or a mexican tele or strat.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
go with the JCM
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
dude check out a bugera 333XL if you want sumthing like the peavey. it sounds quite similar to a peavey JSX and it comes with a lower price tag (head 700, cab 300,) very nice amp, and dont stereotype it whatever you do just cause its a company related to behringer in any way. best clean tones on a gigh gain amp ever. or get a 6262 cause its for that kinda style. at least take my advice and try the amps before you do anything.
I don't think I can get those amps here. I live in Newfoundland Canada.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by sheldonpardy
I don't think I can get those amps here. I live in Newfoundland Canada.

Dude, try axemusic.com. Free shipping on most items anywhere in Canada and they have some pretty good prices. I'm thinking of ordering something from there myslef but am also looking at getting financing which they unfortunately don't have, but otherwise a great online store.
personally i dont think marshal cleans are any good, except the JVM. thats wicked and sounds like what you need.

Or have a look at orange or fender, they have real nice cleans.
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
I'm sort of leaning towards the marshall but thats the amp that I know the least about. The only marshall I've ever owned was a damn Mg250( what a piece of ****) and I've never played a all tube marshall. I know Marshall's are suppose to be awesome amps tho. And as for a price range $1200 is the absolute highest I can go. I think I might go and try the marshall out and if I like I guess I'll get it but if not I guess I'll go with the coupe.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H