Page 1 of 3
Well I just got bored, and felt like makin' a new post.
Anyway, what are some bands that you guys like/and or love but can't stand their other stuff? (I.e. their new stuff or their old stuff)

Mine would be.
I hate old Incubus (As in Fungus Amungus) But I love the newer Incubus. Morning View - Light Grenades (And some of Make Yourself, not all though)
Metallica: Anything after the Black Album.. No. (Although I am curious for Death Magnetic)
Silverchair: I actually love all of Silverchair's work, but when it comes to people saying they were only good when they played simple Grunge (I.e. Frogstop and Freak) it's like c'mon grow up. Diorama is one of my favorite albums ever made and it's newer Silverchair. I even love Young Modern.

Discuss
I'm more of a fan of Radiohead's newer stuff, after their Pablo Honey album, but i still love that one.. So i dont know if that counts..

Oh, and System of a Down, i like everything before their Mezmerize album, with a few exceptions. After that, they changed too drastically.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
only prog genesis, pop genesis is eek
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Only Ozzy-Sabbath is good. Dio-Sabbath sucks, he can barely sing.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I really only like Taking Back Sundays old stuff with John.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Scumbag1792
Metallica: Anything after the Black Album.. No. (Although I am curious for Death Magnetic)

I agree..so long as you mean you like the black album and nothing after it
Quote by darkstar2466

I liked him in tenacious D

*finds out he made a mistake saying this*

*opens flame shield*

*tries to walk away*
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Talk Talk released two brilliant post rock albums at the end of their career but before that they were a new wave band with a generic 80's sound.
12 fret fury
Iron Maiden- I don't like most of their newer stuff. Just the Debut Album-Seventh Son is what I listen to.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
ensiferum - without jari, they're headed in a less-than-awesome direction
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by darkstar2466

This is true
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

I only like Guns N Roses from Appetite til Don't Cry (Alternate Version) on UYI2. After that........it's terrible. Bet you Chinese Democracy is going to sound just like My World.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
In Flames

they started sucking when Anders started thinking he was in Korn
though still pretty good live though (or I'm just impressed by all the fire)
audioslave, first album was awesome but i think they got progressively worse, the second one was ok but the third one i didn't really like
prefer pre-americana offspring, although the newer stuff isn't exactly awful.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by darkstar2466

I disagree, IMO.

But I like both eras.
I like the old material of bands that sold out (Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium,...).

**Holds flameshield**
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
I like the Beatles, but only post-Rubber Soul. I like Thrice, but primarily Illusion of Safety and Artist In The Ambulance, although I must say, The newer Alchemy Index release did have a few songs that surprised me. Early Metallica, Early Zeppelin, etc....
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
dream theater 90s
metallica 80s
floyd-pre 75
korn 90s
megadet-pre 92
QOTSA pre 2004

Only band i can think of that doesnt follow this trend are TooL
Quote by Phazer
Only band i can think of that doesnt follow this trend are TooL
Only because all their albums are The samE
I agree with the Audioslave statement. I loved their debut album but then it just got worse.
I just thought of another.
The Vines: Highly Evolved and Winning Days (Their first two albums) were fantastic. The sound was great the melodies were catchy and the harmonies are beautiful. Vision Valley was ok to at most, but their new album Melodia to me was just awful, I gave it 3 listens hoping it would grow on me but then I just deleted it from my iTunes.
A lot of 80's Bob Dylan isn't that great. He got back on track in 97 with Time Out Of Mind.
Quote by CobainBohnam
Led Zeppelin: Everything before In Through the Out Door and Coda

Meaning everything. Those two albums don't count. I agree with you there.

Green Day - Dookie era. You may hate them now, but holy **** is that a great album.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Imperial
I only like Guns N Roses from Appetite til Don't Cry (Alternate Version) on UYI2. After that........it's terrible. Bet you Chinese Democracy is going to sound just like My World.

Chinese Democracy will sound like me popping open a can of Dr. Pepper and listening to not GNR.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm not really a fan of their newer material but I love their older albums like Freaky Styley, Mothers Milk, self-titled. I could bear through Californication and i understand that their musical style has "evolved" drastically but I don't really like Stadium Arcadium or By The Way or even Californication much.
Quote by smb
Only because all their albums are The samE

thats right, they are all GooD.

listening to mostly stoner rock you have a wide landscape of musical influence there (they all sound like sabbath )
Quote by Neo Evil11
only prog genesis, pop genesis is eek

+4 million!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Phazer
listening to mostly stoner rock you have a wide landscape of musical influence there (they all sound like sabbath )
That's no bad thing (though I don't see how recent Earth and Sunn sound like Sabbath) and I don't by any means listen to mostly stoner rock. I listen to far more dance music and jazz.
trivium before the crusade.
cradle of filth was good until after midian although nymphetamine wasnt bad.
metallica after the black album wasnt good.
slipknot until vol.3
slayer, anything after diabolus in musica although they kinda picked it backup with god hates us all
i dont really like machine heads old stuff but obvi their new album is amazing.
bodom was good until are you dead yet? with hate crew deathroll barely getting my acceptance
the time i thought carcass was good was when they had micheal amott on heartwork.
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Early Deep Purple, BSSM onwards RHCP, Mosely Shoals era Ocean Colour Scene
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Pre Neil Peart Rush is actually quite satisfying to listen too, back when they had riffs and before they became more than random time signatures and thin sounding synths.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
pre-black metallica is way better than post-black
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Black Sabbath's Ozzy Years
Metallica before Load
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Page 1 of 3