Alright, this seems like an idiotic question but i figure i'll ask since I dont know. If I want to tune my 5 string eadgc rather than beadg can i still use a set of strings designated as beadg but tune them up?
They will probably snap, but you could manage it if you bought a really light gauge.

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I tried it...

I snapped my G string

I recommend getting a different set of strings for that tuning
or you can always buy a 4 string set and buy the high c string individually.
...or buy a 6 string set and toss the low B. It might be easier than buying a separate high C string, since they aren't as common.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Quote by DJbonedog
...or buy a 6 string set and toss the low B. It might be easier than buying a separate high C string, since they aren't as common.

yeah this sounds like the best idea. as if you ever decide to go back to normal 5 string tuning, you already have the b string

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by DJbonedog

I do that but I tune the low B string to an E b/c if I don't I have what I think sounds like fret buzz.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
Alright, this seems like an idiotic question but i figure i'll ask since I dont know. If I want to tune my 5 string eadgc rather than beadg can i still use a set of strings designated as beadg but tune them up?

Definitely don't do this, not only will the strings very likely snap before you get anywhere near EADGC, if you actually do manage to get them that high it will probably permanently damage your neck.