As the topic says, I'm curious about if I need to use ear protection when I play the electric guitar through my Roland cube 30x. I don't play at very loud volumes, I turn it up to about 3 tops when I play cleans and I usually have it around 2.5 when I play stuff with a lot of gain in it.

I also sit about 2.5-3m (about 8-10 feets) away from the amp I don't like sitting next to it.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
....................................................................................no
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Yeah. I bought big Inuit Earmuffs to wear while playing. They really do the trick!
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
If you need earplugs to practice at home, chances are the neighbours would have complained.
:|
you could SERIOUSLY damage your ears that way dude, i recommend getting a longer cable and putting your amp in your basement while you stand on a different floor with earplugs AND protective earphones on.
good luck my friend
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Nah man you shouldn't worry about playing at low volumes. When you start playing with a drummer/full band then you should use ear protection because of the much higher volumes you'll need to play at.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Nah. For a full band practice, maybe. For an actual gig, definitely.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It depends on what genre of music you're playing. If you're playing something pussy, like Jazz, then no. But if you're playing something metalz, then always wear ear protection. The metalz is BROOTAL at any volume.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by MoonBoots432
It depends on what genre of music you're playing. If you're playing something pussy, like Jazz, then no. But if you're playing something metalz, then always wear ear protection. The metalz is BROOTAL at any volume.

Yeah man, even at ****ing zero
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I think your best bet would just be to not use the amplifier and play your electric acoustically.
When you do a gig and need to turn it on, however, buy some headphones, good quality, noise-cancelling ones, mine run me about £500. Then set your amp volume to about 0.5 and you should just about be ok, although those kind of volumes are pushing it a little.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
**** Yeah!
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by MoonBoots432

Jazz > Metal
Quote by skwisgaar5051
only if you're a pussy

corrected and +12351465135431535643040999999999999936543659999999999
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
You don't use ear protection to watch TV. And why would you need play guitar any louder than that?
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
haha.

Joke...right?

and if not, No.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by Lin
You don't use ear protection to watch TV. And why would you need play guitar any louder than that?

+1

I find it annoying when my friends find it necessary to turn up the volume on my amp so everyone in my house can hear their brutal metal.
Quote by Godsmack_IV

Jazz > Metal

Someone missed it.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
if you know what your doing you wont need head phones...also depends on the kinda amp (some have sharper tones)

and drums are louder than what your guitar is set to...i turn my half stack almost all the way up and play..im fine and i have only had one neighbor complaint
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
what about when i play acoustic, not plugged in...will i damage my ears then :O
Ok thanks for the answers, I was just curious.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
Ok thanks for the answers, I was just curious.

So was Michael Jackson.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by MoonBoots432

You did not just say that...
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!