Hi everyone....this i my first post ...
i just wanted to ask if smn has the guitar rig series ( 2 or 3) of native instruments...
i want to buy it and i m not sure it worths the cost (about 500 euro)..
Its a program that has a lot of simulations of amps mics cabins and effects...you can also record.The program is controled by a foot pedal...
If smn knows any other device or program that has similar abilities plz suggest...I m all ears
theres the waves GTR 3 , and maybe the line6 toneport? i used guitar rig 3 with the line in port of my computer, sounded ****ty and kept making loads of feedback, plus loaded my geetar up with static electricity, but if you run it through the real deal its great i guess.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Well, dude.
That's extremely stupid that it costs 500 euro. The thing you are talking about is only 500 USD. It's definitely not worth 500 euro. Not to mention, although the footswitch is handy, it's really not that neccecary, unless you feel the need to use wah. Which i don't, so i dont need it.

But be aware, there are "other" ways of obtaining such software.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I just "aquired" this software and before I installed it I was wondering a few things. Do you just plug your guitar straight into the line in of the computer and use it in real time? Does it basically work as an amp but through your computer? Do the effects go on afterwards?
Well, I installed it but for some reason I couldn't get any sound. Do you need the foot controller for it to work? I could hear the metronome so it was working, but the guitar wouldn't. I tested my mic and line in and they work. Any ideas?
Its great, I use it with my Toneport and amp and I love the tones I get, I haven't used anything else for months. Don't pay for it though, its not worth that amount of money, that and if your PC isn't up to much you won't have much luck.
Quote by suffersystem
I just "aquired" this software and before I installed it I was wondering a few things. Do you just plug your guitar straight into the line in of the computer and use it in real time? Does it basically work as an amp but through your computer? Do the effects go on afterwards?

something is not right in your setup - I use it everyday WITHOUT the hardware - I go STRAIGHT IN on my Mac (LINE-IN) - works great! and sounds great too! Not sure about PC's and their soundcard issues though - I'm strictly a Mac Guy.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Lagrance
theres the waves GTR 3 , and maybe the line6 toneport? i used guitar rig 3 with the line in port of my computer, sounded ****ty and kept making loads of feedback, plus loaded my geetar up with static electricity, but if you run it through the real deal its great i guess.

same
~~~~~~
LTD EC-256 - AGED VINTAGE BLACK
Schecter C-1 Plus - BLACK CHERRY
Peavey 6505+ 112
BOSS NS2
DigiTech Bad Monkey OD
Maxon SD9

~~~~~~
Quote by strangedogs
something is not right in your setup - I use it everyday WITHOUT the hardware - I go STRAIGHT IN on my Mac (LINE-IN) - works great! and sounds great too! Not sure about PC's and their soundcard issues though - I'm strictly a Mac Guy.

Yeah, I for some reason can't get any sound working with it. Really sucks ass, lol. I'm going to keep trying though and see if I can get it up and running right though.
You need an interface to use GR3 (PC). When I don't need the pedal, I use a $50 Behringer firewire interface which works great too.

Guitar rig is great, really great, if you're willing to play with it. There's not a tone I can't achieve with it.
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme
BC Rich Wave
BC Rich Virgin 7-string (w EMG 707s)
Parker Fly Deluxe Hardtail
Gibson Sonex (Blackouts Metal and EMG 89)

Guitar Rig
Ableton Live
Quote by Lagrance
ti used guitar rig 3 with the line in port of my computer, sounded ****ty and kept making loads of feedback, plus loaded my geetar up with static electricity

Thats how Guitar Rig 3's high-gain modes sound through any interface. Its noise central.

OP here's a little virtual amp shootout I did which might help you:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937474

Short summary, don't get Guitar Rig, there are much better options.
Last edited by Ausgeno at Aug 22, 2008,