So at the guitar store i had the opportunity to play a PRS Mira. I really liked the feel of the guitar.

Now, i was wondering if the PRS has a good shred/heavy metal tone, i couldn't really tell at the store due to the volume and the amp i played, which was a Fender amp, so it had a good tube sound, but i couldn't really tell about the heavier stuff.

I like to play some classic rock to heavy metal shred stuff, and need to know if i should continue looking at this guitar or try something else in the similar price range.
Honestly I would go with something else. The Mira is supposed to be really versatile, but it also says right on the website the guitar is built for classic guitar tones and feel.

There are plenty of other guitars in that price range that would be more versatile and a better fit for what you are looking for.
Quote by T!AN
Honestly I would go with something else. The Mira is supposed to be really versatile, but it also says right on the website the guitar is built for classic guitar tones and feel.

There are plenty of other guitars in that price range that would be more versatile and a better fit for what you are looking for.

So i'm guessing something more like a Dean or a Jackson?
Quote by Prometheus02
So i'm guessing something more like a Dean or a Jackson?

you could get a USA soloist for around the price of a Mira, which i think would be a much better choice for that style
You should try it again with more gain and see if you like the sound or whatever.
The other PRS can play metal and shred as good as any Jackson or "metal guitar" (as long as you like the feel, of course). I don't know about the Mira, though, I haven't tried it yet.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
If you like it that much go back and see if it can handle what you consider to be a metal tone. PRS guitars are fantastic. Expensive, but very very nice and versatile. I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle some metal. Maybe not the really extreme stuff, but give it a shot and find out for yourself.
Quote by Chad11491
you could get a USA soloist for around the price of a Mira, which i think would be a much better choice for that style

+999999999999
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl