So I'm confused on how I should set up my pedals, and stuff. I mean I know how, but I don't know which order or if I should hook it up in the fx send and return thing in the back.

So far I have a bad monkey overdrive, mxr 10 band eq, line 6 modulation, boss tu-2 tuner, boss ds-2 distortion (not sure if i need it anymore), a wireless system, and a two button footswitch.

So whats the best order that it should be in?
Thanks
Last edited by nick54321 at Aug 17, 2008,
I usually keep my tuner as the first one, so if I need to tune my guitar, it wont screw up the tuner with all the different effects running through it, it just gets a clean signal.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
I usually keep my tuner as the first one, so if I need to tune my guitar, it wont screw up the tuner with all the different effects running through it, it just gets a clean signal.

...now why didn't I think of that?
O O

___
I'd say try this:

Tuner > DS-2 > Bad Monkey > EQ > Modulation > Wireless > Footswitch
^^. B-52 AT112

and adam, when you said

"Tuner > DS-2 > Bad Monkey > EQ > Modulation > Wireless > Footswitch"

did you mean

Amp > Tuner > DS-2 > Bad Monkey > EQ > Modulation > Wireless > Footswitch > guitar

or Guitar >Tuner > DS-2 > Bad Monkey > EQ > Modulation > Wireless > Footswitch > amp

And I'm getting the mxr noise gate soon, so where should i put that?
Quote by nick54321
So I'm confused on how I should set up my pedals, and stuff. I mean I know how, but I don't know which order or if I should hook it up in the fx send and return thing in the back.

So far I have a bad monkey overdrive, mxr 10 band eq, line 6 modulation, boss tu-2 tuner, boss ds-2 distortion (not sure if i need it anymore), a wireless system, and a two button footswitch.

Thanks

DO this:

Guitar --> TU-2 ------> Bad money & DS-2 --------> Amp
FX loop: ---------> mxr 10 band---------> line 6 modulation
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
DO this:

Guitar --> TU-2 ------> Bad money & DS-2 --------> Amp
FX loop: ---------> mxr 10 band---------> line 6 modulation

then what about the footswitch and noise gate? xD
Quote by nick54321

Thanks

i'd say tuner, eq, overdrive, distortion, modulation, amp. but try putting the eq at the end as well and see which sound you prefer.
the footswitch should plug into its own input on the amp.
as for the wireless, that depends if you want to move independently and get away from the pedals, or plug a cable into the pedals and have them transmit wirelessly to the amp. i'd probably transmit from the guitar to the pedals, but you'd need to set up in a way that you don't risk stepping on the wireless receiver.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
EXPERIMENT FFS

jeez

You are saying this quite a bit lately, and while I agree, it is good to take the traditional approach until you know your effects well enough to actually be able to experiment and notic e a difference, these things take time.

Ts, the rules generally are, any wahs go first, only after tuners, followed by distortions and overdrives, followed by modulation effects, followed by time based effects such as chorus and delay.

Specifically, in your case, you should start with
Guitar -> Tuner -> DS-2 -> Overdrive -> EQ -> Modulation -> Amp.

Though I think you have too many tone shaping pedals for the rig you are using.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Aug 18, 2008,
yeah, there has to be a footswitch input somewhere, footswitches generally come with a cable that connects directly to the amp with no input/output jacks of there own. If your amp has an FX loop i'd put the modulation and eq in the loop and everything else out in front.

so.. Guitar > tuner> distortion>bad monkey>amp
FX send > modulation > eq > FX return