Page 1 of 2
I was at the pub with 4 guys, 4 girls last night. Most of the people there were single, but have had relationships before.

We got onto the subject of faithfulness, and we were talking about a girl we know who said she came 'this close' to cheating on her boyfriend, as if it was some kind of achievement. Me and the guys I was with had a good laugh and made some slut jokes.

Anyway, one of the girls who was there said 'but it's hard to restrain yourself from cheating when you have a boyfriend'

to which I replied 'what...?' And the other 3 girls agreed with her. To generalise, these are A student, shy types, and people I would assume to be completely faithful in a long term relationship, but no. They all said it's hard not to cheat, if the opportunity arises.

Me and the guys there were completely opposed to this, and have never felt that way. I was really suprised by what they said, is this mentality more common in girls than I thought?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It is... If you think you spend too much time looking at girls' boobs and asses, go figure how much time girls spend looking at other guys even when they have a boyfriend.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI

You seriously just made me think of my gf...
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

To be honest, if a girl ever said that to me, I'd slap her upside the head. It's not "hard" not to cheat. It's actually ridiculously easy. See, the trick is to not be a slut.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Maybe the girls you hang round with/attract are just sluts...

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by NotAGuitarHero
To be honest, if a girl ever said that to me, I'd slap her upside the head. It's not "hard" not to cheat. It's actually ridiculously easy. See, the trick is to not be a slut.

+1
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

QFT
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Get over it? I've cheated on all my girlfriends. If that makes me a cunt, so what?
Yup, girls are like that....I know from experience just how prone they are to cheating.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by NotAGuitarHero

QF MUTHAFUKIN T
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

So you're saying 4 woman who have not actually cheated but find it hard not too (but they never said they do) are all sluts?
I obviously can't prove it but I haven't cheated and I will never cheat. It's disgusting and pointless.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I obviously can't prove it but I haven't cheated and I will never cheat. It's disgusting and pointless.

Honestly, I like you more and more the more you post in these threads

No, I'm not being an asskisser, I just thought I'd say that.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by smb
Get over it? I've cheated on all my girlfriends. If that makes me a cunt, so what?

Obviously you didn't care for any of them or their feelings. It's not about if it makes you a ****, it's about if you have any idea what kind of pain or deceit they could've felt. Providing the relationships meant something.
Quote by buddha

Quote by NotAGuitarHero

this.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by valennic
Honestly, I like you more and more the more you post in these threads

No, I'm not being an asskisser, I just thought I'd say that.

Thank you ^__^;

Also, on the other hand, those girls that you were with sounded like they may have had a combined IQ of 12 so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what they say.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by shakin'cakes
Obviously you didn't care for any of them or their feelings. It's not about if it makes you a ****, it's about if you have any idea what kind of pain or deceit they could've felt. Providing the relationships meant something.
They survive. Seriously, it's not a big deal. Fidelity is massively overrated.
Quote by smb

You know, I really don't like you, you always make yourself look like a douche whenever you post and bring a new dimention of ignorance to threads. It's assholes like you that give guys a bad name, and with a philosophy like that, you deserve to never have a successful relationship; seeing as you wont take them seriously in the first place.

TS, I know exactly what youre talking about and its very frusterating. Its difficult to trust girls in relationships for this very reason. But to solve this problem, you need to do three things;

You need to keep her sexually satisfied so she doesn't feel the need to go to other guys for sexual attention.

You need to make sure that the girl knows that you won't put up with her ****ing around.

And before the above two, you need to make sure that the girl has some decent morals and knows how to act in relationships before you get involved.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by smb

Is it wrong that I like you more now that I know you've cheated on all your girlfriends?

People get so pissy about infidelity that I actually like it because it upsets people so much. Maybe that makes me childish but I don't really care. You people need to chill the fuck out and realise it isn't as great a crime as you make it out to be.

Quote by NotAGuitarHero

If it was easy, most people wouldn't fail to do it. It is not slutty to be attracted to more than one person at once.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
You guys are making me think of my gf...

But her last bf cheated on her, so hopefully she's completely against it or whatever.

At least I hope so.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
...uh...

It was probably just those few friends of yours that were sluts. I'm sure most girls are not like that. I wouldn't generalize an entire sex from just four people and their opinions.

But that's just me.
The.
They survive

Yeah they do, but that's like saying you got shot fifteen times and survived. Yeah you're still alive, but it hurt like hell.

Fidelity is massively overrated

So you wouldn't care if your gf went and fuked a guy right in front of you?
Quote by buddha

i think it depends on the person and isn't fair to generalize about an entire gender based on what 4 girls said

edit: dammit, IHATECHILDREN said it before me
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by Meths
If it was easy, most people wouldn't fail to do it. It is not slutty to be attracted to more than one person at once.

You can be attracted to more than one person without actually acting on that attraction behind your partner's back.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
it is not that a women looks for cheating, but it is no longer the stereotype that men cheat only. (ps i am a female). it is just become ok for females to talk about there sex life in the open. think of that, it has always been the men who rewarded by peers for sexually achievements. i has only come of day that females are taking this attitude too. For this change in societies image of a female attitude, we are now looked at as sluts. I find this funny as males have been doing this for decades. Look at the music industry and sports. there are males glorified for there sexually numbers (Simons, Jagger, Chamberlain), no females. They were never called sluts, Jagger was looked at in awe of his partners. But if a women was to do that, slut. Society doesnt even have a word for a male slut; slut is associated with females.
I think the change in female sexuality is due to the strive for female independence and equality in a quote unquote male world. So to become a part of it, the female must mimic what has been done it the past; thus exploring their sexual liberation.
Strictly my opinion, so i dont need someone rebutting this...
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by Meths
Is it wrong that I like you more now that I know you've cheated on all your girlfriends?

People get so pissy about infidelity that I actually like it because it upsets people so much. Maybe that makes me childish but I don't really care. You people need to chill the fuck out and realise it isn't as great a crime as you make it out to be.

yeah you've explained exactly how I feel about it.
......i sneak into my own house.....its four in the morning..........ive had too much to drink...... said i was out with the boys...........i sneek into my bedroom..........i slip into the bed......i know if i wake her ill wake up......Dead!!!

but seriously cheating is really ****ing bad, anyone who acts like its a good thing or a normal thing either a)really doesnt care about their boyfriend/girlfriend b)is just a straight up ****ty person. it seems the people you were talking to were the latter.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Meths

I think it depends on the level of your relationship. If you've declared your love for eachother and do it then it's bad. If your just sex buddies who also happen to get along well then cheating is not so bad.
Quote by shakin'cakes
Yeah they do, but that's like saying you got shot fifteen times and survived. Yeah you're still alive, but it hurt like hell.

I'd much rather be cheated on than shot any day. You're an idiot if you think differently.

And what do you know about my lifestyle? It's happened. It's not a big deal.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

How is it pointless? If someone enjoys it, it certainly has a point.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
You know, I really don't like you, you always make yourself look like a douche whenever you post and bring a new dimention of ignorance to threads.

*Dimension.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
TS, I know exactly what youre talking about and its very frusterating. Its difficult to trust girls in relationships for this very reason. But to solve this problem, you need to do three things;

You need to keep her sexually satisfied so she doesn't feel the need to go to other guys for sexual attention.

Yeah, good luck with that.

And lol @ how sexist your statement is. Yeah, women cheat on you because you suck in bed and they really need a good fucking to keep them loyal.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
You need to make sure that the girl knows that you won't put up with her ****ing around.

Yeah, I'm sure most girls assume their boyfriends won't give a fuck if they have sex with someone else, it's not like guys are famous for getting upset about that.

Quote by SlinkyBlue
And before the above two, you need to make sure that the girl has some decent morals and knows how to act in relationships.

You need to know that not everybody agrees with your morals or what is an appropriate way to act in a relationship.

Note to everyone: following this guy's advice will not stop girls "cheating" on you.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by ehwalled
it is not that a women looks for cheating, but it is no longer the stereotype that men cheat only. (ps i am a female). it is just become ok for females to talk about there sex life in the open. think of that, it has always been the men who rewarded by peers for sexually achievements. i has only come of day that females are taking this attitude too. For this change in societies image of a female attitude, we are now looked at as sluts. I find this funny as males have been doing this for decades. Look at the music industry and sports. there are males glorified for there sexually numbers (Simons, Jagger, Chamberlain), no females. They were never called sluts, Jagger was looked at in awe of his partners. But if a women was to do that, slut. Society doesnt even have a word for a male slut; slut is associated with females.
I think the change in female sexuality is due to the strive for female independence and equality in a quote unquote male world. So to become a part of it, the female must mimic what has been done it the past; thus exploring their sexual liberation.
Strictly my opinion, so i dont need someone rebutting this...

BOLLOCKS

It started off interesting, but got more and more retarded towards the end.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Meths

I wouldn't even say it's a question or whether or not you're attracted to other people or not, I personally think that you may as well spare someone's dignity and confidence by breaking up with them before you think about pursuing someone else.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by smb

well if they all thought they were in an exclusive relationship, then yeah, you are.
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
the whole time i was expecting it to end in the fresh prince theme song

Quote by blackflag49
"You're only as fresh as your game", said the Lord - Corinthians 22:12
I find it hard not to cheat sometimes, so going by that I'm assuming my gf probably does too, unless some people do and others don't, suppose it depends on the person. Fair enough the fact there were 4 people of the same sex with the same oppinion doesn't do my theory any favours, but I stick by it
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I'm pretty shocked.

It's not hard not to cheat. It just takes some confidence in yourself, self -respect and respect for your gf .
Just hope they don't represent the majority of girls.

I feel pretty strongly on this subject.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I wouldn't even say it's a question or whether or not you're attracted to other people or not, I personally think that you may as well spare someone's dignity and confidence by breaking up with them before you think about pursuing someone else.

word
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
...uh...

It was probably just those few friends of yours that were sluts. I'm sure most girls are not like that. I wouldn't generalize an entire sex from just four people and their opinions.

But that's just me.

THEY ARE NOT SLUTS.

Quote by shakin'cakes

Well I wouldn't really want to watch but I wouldn't care that much if my girlfriend had sex with other people.

Quote by rabidguitarist
You can be attracted to more than one person without actually acting on that attraction behind your partner's back.

True, but would you agree that it isn't easy to resist the urge to act on attraction given the opportunity?

Quote by smb

yeah you've explained exactly how I feel about it.

Quote by Fuzzbox91
but seriously cheating is really ****ing bad, anyone who acts like its a good thing or a normal thing either a)really doesnt care about their boyfriend/girlfriend b)is just a straight up ****ty person. it seems the people you were talking to were the latter.

Or we just have a more enlightened attitude to sex and relationships.

Quote by Greenie_777
I think it depends on the level of your relationship. If you've declared your love for eachother and do it then it's bad. If your just sex buddies who also happen to get along well then cheating is not so bad.

I don't see why it is impossible to love more than one person or why it is wrong to have sex with someone even if you love another. Sex =/= love.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

It's not even necessarily about pursuing someone else. One night stands aren't a pursuit of someone else and I don't think it's an affront to the other person in a relationship if their partner has one.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by smb
It's not a big deal.

What the hell is your problem? Yes, its a big deal, you know why?

Because you'll never EVER get into a sucessful relationship with someone of the opposite sex when you have that attitude. You're an asshole, flat out, and you're the kind of guy that girls get together with for a few months because they're flattered by you're so-called "maniless" (when in fact its arrogant, immature and childish) and break up within a few months when they realize that you're nothing but a cheating, ignorant asshole who ****s with their emotions.

I sincerelly hope that your balls get burned off slowly with a soldering iron.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Page 1 of 2