So it turns out my friend's dad can get me ANYTHING I want from Sam Ash with ZERO markup. So yeah, it's SVT time. Does anyone know where I can find a list of Ampeg prices without markup? I want to know what I'll be paying for this stuff. Same with GK, just to compare for the heck of it. Thanks!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
How is that supposed to help me? I want the wholesale prices, not the marked up retail prices, DEFINITELY not MSRP.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
If you friends dad is so tight with them, why aren't you asking him for the prices?
Because I don't have his number yet, I'm still waiting for my friend to give it to me so I can call him at work and talk to him. I'm just trying to prepare in advance right now.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
contact Ampeg directly? You'll probably have to blag it so be honest as I doubt the information is freely available.

Try pretending your interested in starting a dealership or your doing some sort of business qualification and would like to use them as a case study + would like a price list, it may not work, but then again some call centre staff are people too and they may just give you the info without a fight, I would have back when I worked in a call centre.

Also when you get them post them here, would be interesting to see how much shops make
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Tucson Bass
That is not something that is not available publicly, and if anyone shows it to you they can and should loose their Ampeg dealership.

this is very true!
wholesale prices are often based on retail price minus a percentage(i.e. 40-60%).
i'm guessing 50% of retail. if retail/ list price is $1200, cost should be around $600,
if my guess is correct. if not, it should be close, give or take 10%. good luck.

p.s. musiciansfriends prices are below retail/list price, so don't use their selling prices.
You won't find a list of these prices. Best to ask your friend's dad (and then let us know )
83lespaulstudio is right. My best friend worked at a local guitar store so I got all my equipment without mark up. My ampeg V4BH was almost exactly 50% marked up. Thats going to be true with almost all major brands especially if they are based in the US. Some european based amps/instruments can cost more due to some kind of import tax. I think ashdown has actually started building some of their amps in the US to avoid the tax, but dont quote me on that.
Quote by esposito123
dont quote me on that

You're right about Ashdown.
Alright guys, I'll talk to him asap and I'll post anything I can figure out. I really hope it's around 50%, that would be incredible!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The Classic series is US built isn't it? The Klystron and all them awesomenesses.
They're built in the UK at the moment. I don't know what models are going to be built in the US, but they'll probably make them there to sell them there and continue production in the UK for Europe.
Quote by smb
They're built in the UK at the moment. I don't know what models are going to be built in the US, but they'll probably make them there to sell them there and continue production in the UK for Europe.

I'm pretty sure that the Klystrons and the Classic combos have already started to be built in the US, even if only recently.
The website still declares them to be "proudly built in the UK" but I expect you're right.
Feel like sharing your secret knowledge? Are the ones sold here going to be US built?
No...I hope not to suffer that. It'd probably make me save for a Trace