I will probably be looking to buy a 6 string bass in the distant future and was wondering what would be the best one, whilest keeping price in mind.

Basically what is the best cheap 6 string bass?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Something from Rondo would probably be a good start. The brice ones are pretty nice
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Cheapest you're probably going to get is a Yamaha RBX-JM. Which are around...£500ish?

edit: Forgot about rondo. But then, i've never played any of them!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
The cheapest decent 6 string I've seen is the Ibanez SR506 or a used Yahama RBX model. Both of them will run you between 650 - 750 USD.
Only 600 USD!!! My 5 string is pretty reliable and the bass (natural or red satin) is very sexy.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
ibanes GSR396 is quite nice,
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
The Ibanez, Schecter, or Yamaha will all do nicely. The main difference between them will come down to the woods and how they affect the sound and the playability. Cause all of them are essentially modern basses with active electronics and mid priced pups.
Quote by Retardwitguitar
Something from Rondo would probably be a good start. The brice ones are pretty nice

ahh this was what i was loking for. something cheap and cheerful.

thanks x

EDIT:

ah **** the postage bumps it up a bit though, ahh well its still cheap enough
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at Aug 17, 2008,
how can a 270 dollar 6-string bass be any good
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I got my six string last saturday, after the good advice of these gentlemen I settled on a Cort A6. The retail price is about £800 but I managed to get mine for 500 so it pays to shop around.
I have a Brice 6-string fretless. It was supposed to be a back-up bass. I threw a new bridge on it and it ended up being my main bass. People who play it are surprised how cheap it was. Though, it has hybrid active/passive pick-ups, which sound like crap on active. I just keep it as passive, which has added bonus that the active/passive switch now acts as a kill-switch.