I am looking for a new amp for under $500 for hardcore punk and metal. I looked for used peavey 5150 and xxx and cant find them less then $500. So does the Randall Rg50tc have enough distortion for hardcore and metal... My gear right now is a spider 3 15 watt and a esp f 50
Indeed it does. It has too much gain if you ask me It's very modern sounding though, so don't expect an old school metal kind of tone. But it does metal well. Even though it won't nail old school tones perfectly, it'll get the job done with no problem.
Thanks im probably going to get this amp soon. I would have tried it myself but the local music store wont let me test it.
Quote by xxxnjhcxxx
Thanks im probably going to get this amp soon. I would have tried it myself but the local music store wont let me test it.

Why? Tell them you're wanting to buy it be need to test it first. That sounds like bullshit not letting you try something you want to buy.
i dont know why the owner is a asshole... i am buying used on ebay or something
Well, if you have the cash, walk in there, and tell him you're serious about trying it, flash the cash in his face, then try it, tell him you like it but want to get it on eBay since he has been an asshole. You win.