X being a variable... A, M, K, or J

I am in the market for a fender strat and went to a local guitar store today... not much selection... but tried a few (budget = ~600)

One that caught my eye/hand was a MIK strat, i think its this one
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN265002

any opinions on that?

what about the general consensus of the MIKs vs Js As and Ms? etc...

(the headstock look kinda weird with only "Fender" and nothing else on the front side... is that normal?)
Man, I thought this would be a topic about "Made in Xtreme" Guitars...

But, usually Mexicans are the worst fenders, Korea would be next (?), then japan, then America being the best...
American Strats obliterate every other Fender strat. I've played a couple at this point, and it is one of the smoothest guitars I have ever layed hands on. I would either save up some more, or get a used one.
I know that the consensus is that MIA > all zomgz... but what about the rest?

More opinions or something like Khit's post would be great, and sry for dissapointment in the title :P

also, what are the characteristics of like.... 60s 70s 80s 90s or w/e strats? does it apply for all the countries it is made in?
Last edited by PuttYoh at Aug 17, 2008,
I think MIA is a little overpriced.. sure there better.. but they exploit people who cant bare to have a mexican strat
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
i doubt ill be spending like 800 or even more on the MIAs... so dont go into how great the MIAs is too much... i know they are better overall...

id like input and opinions on the guitar in the link and the MIJ/K/M in general
I have tried the Lite Ash TELEcaster, absoloutely incredible guitar for the money, doesnt cost much more than the mexican but its twice the guitar, proper SD pickups, ash body and pretty tasty looking and playing neck (cant say im too keen on the inlay), it wouldve been my next guitar if I didnt buy a early 90s MIM off ebay on impulse (very happy with, much better than todays MIMs), I havent treid the strat, but Id expect the same if I ever did play it really.
Personally, I find MIM Strats to be just as good as MIA Strats, sometimes better. All this hype about MIA Strats is ridiculous.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by PuttYoh
i doubt ill be spending like 800 or even more on the MIAs... so dont go into how great the MIAs is too much... i know they are better overall...

id like input and opinions on the guitar in the link and the MIJ/K/M in general

Nothing wrong with a Mexican Strat. They are just as good as American one's and don't hurt your wallet too bad. Go out and play some.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Guys, sorry to spoil your arguing, but he's asking about KOREAN strats, not Mexican/American ones.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
ive played some mim standard strats and wasnt too impressed...
what about japan and korean ones?
Quote by wouldyakindly
Guys, sorry to spoil your arguing, but he's asking about KOREAN strats, not Mexican/American ones.

Oh.

Moving on then.

I was never too impressed with MIK guitars except for some older Ibanezes, those played like a dream.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Craigslist.

Use it.
Proud owner of:
1981 Carvin X100B
1987 Strat Plus w/ DiMarzios
BBE Main Squeeze
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-7
Morley Mark Tremonti Power Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Oh.

Moving on then.

I was never too impressed with MIK guitars except for some older Ibanezes, those played like a dream.

some jackson do too

on topic, i've always considered the MIJ fenders the best choice, excellent quality and a good price, specially cause they're mostly used but in really good conditions
as far as my experiences go, generally MIKs are pretty good
not as good as MIJs (usually), but they are definitely on the good side
(compared to like mexico, china, indonesia, and some other places)