hey guys. i'm visiting the board here to ask a few questions....

i'm trying to get started in making my own music (mainly hip hop beats). i was wondering what kind of equipment i could/should use to do such thing. what i'd be looking for is a kind of device, or computer program, that would allow me to rip samples for usage, as well as add in my own drums or beats over the samples (if i were to choose to use a sample for that particular song of course). as far as the sample "ripping" goes, i'd like a program that would allow me to sample just the vocals from the track or just the snare drum from the track or what have you. don't know if this is possible without the "master track" but it sure would be nice. i've done a little work with the program fruity loops, but was semi confused and could never figure out how to upload samples onto there. i talked with one of my friends who does some digital music of his own and he told me to look for an MPC... still not sure what this device or program is as google didn't give me much input.

if anybody has any suggestions for me or any ideas they would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks!
A multitracker that has a USB connection, a fairly good PC and sound system, and some form of DAW

Edit google "reaper"
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
fruity loop or ableton live or really just any of the big computer DAW programs