Hey,

I'm thinking about ordering a limited edition guitar from guitarcenter.com. It's the Epiphone 1966 G-400 (it's coming out in silverburst.) Is this a good idea? I'm not asking as far as how much the guitar would suit me, I just want to know if the whole "Epiphone has a crapload of duds" thing is true. Can I order it into a store, so I can return it without having to pay shipping if it is a dud?
any guitar is fine if you know how to play it

just call guitar center and ask them these things, the customer service will tell you
Every guitar company has its duds now and then. I recommend trying it out first...it's worth the drive.

I actually have a friend who ripped a G-400 in half while playing it.
Quote by Ablazean
Every guitar company has its duds now and then. I recommend trying it out first...it's worth the drive.

I actually have a friend who ripped a G-400 in half while playing it.

They actually don't have it in stock at my store.

And was your friend doing "uber shr3dzorz", or just playing normally? I'd rather not have my new guitar rip in half...
I have a G400, and I'm pleased to say it's in great shape after two years of constant abuse.

G400s are fine for shred. I wouldn't say don't get it, just because it's from the internet.
GO FOR IT, DUDE.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I ordered my 1966 G400 off the lethal intarwabs and it was brilliant.

And silverburst?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
To Freakin' right.

But then again
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
No worries.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The neck of Slash's Gibson Les Paul snapped off and hit him in the face when he did a divebomb (by pushing on the headstock)... It's got a lot to do with how you treat your guitar I guess.
no, its not a good idea. for one, it could be damaged when shipping. for two, it will take a while to ship. for three, you can only look at pics of the guitar. you need to go play it yourself especially with an epi. even if its the same exact guitar, guitars differ from each other in slight ways (quality when put together, maybe small dings, fret buzz, etc.)

play it, feel it, inspect it, research it, then buy it. the internet imo is more for browsing guitars without going to the store and getting a general sense of which guitar you want, not for actually buying.
Im pretty sure guitar center will refund if not satisfied

they do it when you buy from the store so they should do it online

and about the " you might get dents and scratches," the most you might get is a hairline pencil mark. Guitar center and musiciansfriend sell the dented and scratched merchandise at discounted prices during certain times of the year
Quote by takeapicture

YOU CAN ALL SUCK MY 3 INCH WILLY

Quote by primusfan
i'm the one pulling my own pants down in front of people. and i have a small penis.

Quote by imdeth
Penises look much better than vaginas in my opinion. A vagina looks like an axe wound.
Quote by Happy Meal
Im pretty sure guitar center will refund if not satisfied

they do it when you buy from the store so they should do it online

and about the " you might get dents and scratches," the most you might get is a hairline pencil mark. Guitar center and musiciansfriend sell the dented and scratched merchandise at discounted prices during certain times of the year

I'd still rather not have any marks on my guitar. I'm just weird like that.

Can I order it into the store, then return it into the store itself instead of paying shipping to send it back? (This is if I don't like it)