Which would be a better deal, a Fargen Mini-plex or a Ceriatone 36W?
The ceriatone has a 36w/18w switch but the Fargen has a built in attenuator that goes down to 1/2w, and the option of switching between three different circuits
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Nobody? no one has had experience with these amps or even these brands?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Ceriatone is known for making quality stuff, but the Fargen will almost certainly be better tonewise (and feature wise) but the again you're looking at two drastically different price points from what I can see, around $1000 for the Ceriatone and almost $2100 for the Fargen. If you can afford it, I would say Fargen all the way.
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
The Fargen will destroy the Ceriatone for tone and flexibility, but then again you're talking about two very different price ranges.
BTW the decade switch doesn't change between three different circuits at all. It changes one cap IIRC.
well, this is just my opinion:

u're buying clones, coz u wanna save money, n dun wanna fork out so much for a real thing. since so, y buy an expensive clone when ceriatone is cheap YET the tone is awesome?
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by floydian07
Ceriatone is known for making quality stuff, but the Fargen will almost certainly be better tonewise (and feature wise) but the again you're looking at two drastically different price points from what I can see, around $1000 for the Ceriatone and almost $2100 for the Fargen. If you can afford it, I would say Fargen all the way.

The Ceriatone 36W will run me up around $800 which is including the exorbitant shipping. The Fargen mini plex is around $600-800 according to reviews on harmony central, while the mighty plex is around $900-1400
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
The mini plex combo is 1700 new... are you sure the prices you're seeing aren't wrong or very old?
Quote by Roc8995
The mini plex combo is 1700 new... are you sure the prices you're seeing aren't wrong or very old?

Yeah that's the amp I want and on top of the $1700 it's another $250 with an effects loop. Killer amp though, I'm snagging one as soon as funds permit.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Roc8995

Wow really? I guess harmony central has lied to me...
Ah well, i guess i'm going with the ceriatone. Nothing wrong with them, eh?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Don't forget you need to pick up a speaker cabinet as well. That might offset the price a little more if the Fargen is a combo.
I think you can get a combo version of the 36W. I e-mailed Nik from Ceriatone asking about the 36w, and he said there was a combo version. Plus it says so on the website
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BS36watt/36wattComplete.htm
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Right, there is, however it is speaker-less, and you'll still need to find a good speaker to stick in there.
Ah alright, thanks
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Sorry for posting again, but i figured i shouldn't make another thread
will the Ceriatone 36w give me that british marshall crunch and tone? Also, how loud will it be, quiet enough for a bedroom parctice session? Loud enough for gigs?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
Sorry for posting again, but i figured i shouldn't make another thread
will the Ceriatone 36w give me that british marshall crunch and tone? Also, how loud will it be, quiet enough for a bedroom parctice session? Loud enough for gigs?

It should do the british crunch just fine.

Queit enough for bedroom practice? Not without a master volume or attenuator. Nik can install a MV but it won't sound the same as it is when you crank it. Marshall type amps need to be turned up.

Loud enough for gigs? More than enough, you'll likely need to switch to 18 watts to play most gigs.