Page 1 of 2
So
I went to a As I Lay Dying Concert
and
there was lots of metal heads
and hardcore kids
and punk kids

you know, all is good with the hardcore kids and punk kids, but when the metal heads show up with their long hair and metallica band tees and whatnot, they start insulting the other people. Like they OWN metal.

SO

METAL DOESN'T BELONG TO NO ONE
you dont need to dress differently to be metal OK

all our music branches from metal
-hardcore
-metalcore
-ect

all these genres are "children of metal" so why hate?
i just wanna make a difference
so no matter how you llook, or dress, you can enjoy the metal

what do you guys think about this?
Hardcore =/= metal.
Anything+core =/= metal

EDIT: I should elaborate. Hardcore music, I've been in a band who played hardcore music. All they did was tune down to Drop C or Drop B and wank the open bass strings. That's not metal. Most hardcore does not have guitar solos. It's all based on this thing called a breakdown, where people get up and hardcore dance. Hardcore kids get pissed off at metal kids for moshing the right way.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Last edited by cjblack532 at Aug 17, 2008,
Listen to whatever the **** you want, and stay off of the internet if the elitists bother you.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I don't know why you metalheads care so much...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by cjblack532
Hardcore =/= metal.
Anything+core =/= metal

however, does rapcore get closer than metalcore?
Actually hardcore branches from punk and metalcore branches from metal and hardcore.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Kensai
I don't know why you metalheads care so much...

+1

I listen to all types of metal, and then the -core sub genres, but I STILL dont get why they care so goddamn much.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Just cos they're "children" doesn't mean the parents automatically have to feed them and sh!t.

Disown those b!tches.
Quote by ShredTillImDead
So

you know, all is good with the hardcore kids and punk kids, but when the metal heads show up with their long hair and metallica band tees and whatnot, they start insulting the other people. Like they OWN metal.

Because they do

You're at a "hardcore" concert. Not a metal concert. Though I wouldn't even call As I Lay Dying real hardcore. I just don't get why people would even touch those stupid gauges and dye their hair black and call themselves metal.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Well, because thats what we do. Because, to us, "real" metal came first. THEN the hardcore/metalcore/punk "posers" showed up and "ruined" "real" metal.

But, thats not my standpoint.
Anything heavy = win to me.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
hardcore is not the same as metal

i think more than anything the reason people hate on certain subgenres is because of the image

maybe its just me but a low hanging white explorer with headbanging is cooler than a nipple hieght strat shaped guitars with syncronized upper body movement

in other words bands like metallica look cooler playing than say well i cant think of an example but just think of a hardcore band
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
Their shouldn't be an supremecy in music.
people have different tastes, different views.
they shouldnt act as if ones better than the other.
Quote by metal overlord
Well, because thats what we do. Because, to us, "real" metal came first. THEN the hardcore/metalcore/punk "posers" showed up and "ruined" "real" metal.

But, thats not my standpoint.
Anything heavy = win to me.

"Real metal" wouldn't be the same at all today if it wasn't for hardcore punk.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I knew someone that thought I was an idiot for liking both Death and other "real" metal bands like Nile, along with Metalcore bands like As I Lay Dying and such. I really don't understand why they care, or why core isn't considered metal. They put metal in the goddamn name!

That said, Hardcore isn't metal. Thats a fact. (Bands such as Cancer Bats, Bleeding Through, etc.)
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?

so who owns metal?
=MAY THE HAND OF GOD STRIKE THEM DOWN=

+Rip Dimebag+

Gear:

Ibanez RG170
Epiphone SG Standard G400
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Boss V-WAH
Digitech Whammy
Spider Line 6 II 30W
Quote by StreetLight3989

I agree.

Anyway, you know what I *really* hate? People who call Bullet For my Valentine emo. They are NOT emo. They don't cut themselves.

Those people deserve to get beaten senseless in a pit for calling someone with a BFMV shirt on emo.
Quote by StreetLight3989

Then that must be why "Real metal" today sucks ass.

JUDAS PRIEST play metal the way it's meant to be played!
Quote by YourDad
I knew someone that thought I was an idiot for liking both Death and other "real" metal bands like Nile, along with Metalcore bands like As I Lay Dying and such. I really don't understand why they care, or why core isn't considered metal. They put metal in the goddamn name!

That said, Hardcore isn't metal. Thats a fact. (Bands such as Cancer Bats, Bleeding Through, etc.)

To some it is. Bleeding Through is awesome. I still would consitter it metal.
Quote by Beanie_Ben

so who owns metal?

i do, wanna buy it of me?
RIDICULOUS BIG SIG!!!
Quote by metal overlord
I agree.

Anyway, you know what I *really* hate? People who call Bullet For my Valentine emo. They are NOT emo. They don't cut themselves.

Those people deserve to get beaten senseless in a pit for calling someone with a BFMV shirt on emo.

O.O

THANK YOU

They actually sound more like thrash to me. They don't even look emo, or sound emo.

Quote by metal overlord
To some it is. Bleeding Through is awesome. I still would consitter it metal.

Dont get me wrong, I like em too.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Then that must be while "Real metal" today sucks ass.

JUDAS PRIEST play metal the way it's meant to be played!

Ahem, Iron Maiden...

------------------------

But theres nothing wrong with Slipknot or bands like them. Metalcore isn't emo.
Quote by metal overlord
Ahem, Iron Maiden...

------------------------

But theres nothing wrong with Slipknot or bands like them. Metalcore isn't emo.

Iron Maiden, another band who play GREAT metal!
I don't have a problem with Slipknot either. I like them a lot. Like I said, most people are like OMGWTFBBQ when they find out I'm a pretty big Slipknot fan as well as all the others.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
You know what I really don't get? Why this thread is called "Reunite". What the hell does reuniting have to do with anything in this thread?

Are punks, hardcores and metalheads going to throw away their differances and "Reunite" in one big happy family?

Quote by cjblack532
Anything+core =/= metal

Grindcore ain't metal? Music is music, shut up and enjoy it.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by metal overlord
I agree.

You deserve the same for thinking that emo kids cut themselves. Those are little angsty wannabe goth pussies that think self harming will make them look cool.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by metal overlord
You know what I really don't get? Why this thread is called "Reunite". What the hell does reuniting have to do with anything in this thread?

Are punks, hardcores and metalheads going to throw away their differances and "Reunite" in one big happy family?

Wow you're ignorant

Don't be stupid, i never said we'd be some "happy family"
When i said reunite, i meant not seperated, isolated, become more open and start to respect eachothers musical taste.
DON'T READ MY SIG

Damn it's too late.
Quote by ShredTillImDead
Wow you're ignorant

Don't be stupid, i never said we'd be some "happy family"
When i said reunite, i meant not seperated, isolated, become more open and start to respect eachothers musical taste.

not ment that way...

I just just wondering what "reunite" had to do with that.

And the "happy family" was a joke.

I gotta stop making jokes. (So far, they've been turned around and people hate me for them )
yeah some metal fans are dicks.

I like to listen to some metal but that doesnt mean I grow my hair down to my ass and wear oversized black t-shirts
Quote by asator
You deserve the same for thinking that emo kids cut themselves. Those are little angsty wannabe goth pussies that think self harming will make them look cool.

and you deserve the same thing for thinking that all kids that cut themselves do it to look cool. God you guys are all idiots on that topic. Trust me, I've been there, I have friends that have done it, and I have personally done it for reasons that I'd pefer not to talk about. So everyone just stop associating cutting with a certain scene or a certain group of people, it doesn't work like that.

And I'm glad I listen to a different type of music where I don't have to deal with kids like that. Jazz FTW!
**** me man, why would people go to a show to NOT enjoy it? They prob ruined the show for everyone else.
I never want to be associated with metalheads,punk,etc. I listen to mostly metal, but I'm not gonna let the music be my personality, my choice of clothing, etc.

And I find it hard to believe that some group of kids came to a gig to start crap with 2 other groups. Wouldn't they be outnumbered?
Quote by metaldud536
I never want to be associated with metalheads,punk,etc. I listen to mostly metal, but I'm not gonna let the music be my personality, my choice of clothing, etc.

+1 to that man. I like to look good
Quote by wizards?
and you deserve the same thing for thinking that all kids that cut themselves do it to look cool. God you guys are all idiots on that topic. Trust me, I've been there, I have friends that have done it, and I have personally done it for reasons that I'd pefer not to talk about. So everyone just stop associating cutting with a certain scene or a certain group of people, it doesn't work like that.

And I'm glad I listen to a different type of music where I don't have to deal with kids like that. Jazz FTW!

What, you really think I'm that stupid? I realise some people genuinely have issues and feel the need to self harm, I was just proving that the stereotype of pussy imitation goth kids being "emo" is falsely named.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I spent many years listening to metal. Here are my thoughts on this. Metalheads have the right to be dicks to all of the other kids who listen to hardcore or emo or whatever else it is. Metal was first and it kicked major ass. Hardcore music and stuff like that that is around today has nothing on metal. We grow our hair long and wear our big metallica t-shirts because we are proud and want to show it. We mosh at any chance we can get and love it because we are not pussys and we want to get hurt unlike you other little girls. So everyone out here defending hardcore and stuff like that against metal... you all suck.
Quote by asator
What, you really think I'm that stupid? I realise some people genuinely have issues and feel the need to self harm, I was just proving that the stereotype of pussy imitation goth kids being "emo" is falsely named.

Please show me where in your post you were saying that because all I see is you stereotyping people into your little groups like everyone else does.
I cant say As I Lay Dying or those kind of bands are my cup of tea... but the metal fans you described sound like absolute neanderthals. Anyone who goes to a gig to insult other fans of the band is an absolute nobber, make no bones about it.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by rollingstones
I spent many years listening to metal. Here are my thoughts on this. Metalheads have the right to be dicks to all of the other kids who listen to hardcore or emo or whatever else it is. Metal was first and it kicked major ass. Hardcore music and stuff like that that is around today has nothing on metal. We grow our hair long and wear our big metallica t-shirts because we are proud and want to show it. We mosh at any chance we can get and love it because we are not pussys and we want to get hurt unlike you other little girls. So everyone out here defending hardcore and stuff like that against metal... you all suck.

You're an idiot.
It's not like metal DIDN'T borrow from other genres to get it's own sound just like everything else that came after.

If you're gonna accept change like making weed legal, why not accept the fact that music changes too.
Quote by cjblack532
Hardcore =/= metal.
Anything+core =/= metal

EDIT: I should elaborate. Hardcore music, I've been in a band who played hardcore music. All they did was tune down to Drop C or Drop B and wank the open bass strings. That's not metal. Most hardcore does not have guitar solos. It's all based on this thing called a breakdown, where people get up and hardcore dance. Hardcore kids get pissed off at metal kids for moshing the right way.

Your band was not a hardcore band.
THIS is a hardcore band:
http://www.myspace.com/verse

also
Hardcore dancing =/= moshing
so stop with the "your doing it wrong" attitude..

EDIT: To actually post on topic, i agree with the TS everyone should just respect everyone else at a gig and let them do their own thing. Ruining someone elses fun shouldn't be the main agenda..
Quote by the bartender
^ this man knows his stuff.
Last edited by atomic_llama at Aug 17, 2008,
Page 1 of 2