I just ordered a WGS Veteran 30 16ohm speaker for my Valveking 112, and i'm just wondering, how exactly do you change out the speaker?

Do you just unplug the wires to it and un-bolt the speaker, and just put the other one on? Is it really that simple? Or is there anything i need to know?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks.
O O

___
alrighty... thanks.

so basically, if i just remember where it's hooked up when i UNplug it, and just do it the same way when i put the new one on, i should be fine?

Nieyce!
O O

___
Yeah. But, make sure that the speaker can handle the wattage of the amp and the impedances match up.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
well, it's the VK112(16ohms) so i ordered the 16ohm speaker.... The amp is 50 watts, and the speaker is 60 watts... that'll work, shouldn't it?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
well, it's the VK112(16ohms) so i ordered the 16ohm speaker.... The amp is 50 watts, and the speaker is 60 watts... that'll work, shouldn't it?

Yea your good to go....
*high pitched squeal*

YOU'RE BACK!! Well, i know you're still on here, but what happened, you said you'd only be here at night....
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
*high pitched squeal*

YOU'RE BACK!! Well, i know you're still on here, but what happened, you said you'd only be here at night....

Got unblocked... Guess they gave it the OK.....
Cool, good to hear. I missed your knowledgeable advice.

And about the speaker, i'm glad it's okay, becuase i ordered it yesterday, but i assumed that would be right... 'cause i heard somewhere about matching ohms and making sure the wattage isn't UNDER the amp's rating.... and if that's all correct, it's all good.

Thanks for your input, guys. Speaker should be coming in Wednesday....
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Cool, good to hear. I missed your knowledgeable advice.

And about the speaker, i'm glad it's okay, becuase i ordered it yesterday, but i assumed that would be right... 'cause i heard somewhere about matching ohms and making sure the wattage isn't UNDER the amp's rating.... and if that's all correct, it's all good.

Thanks for your input, guys. Speaker should be coming in Wednesday....

Thanks and im glad im back... I was bored out of my mind for those two days lol

And 16ohm is the right one...

I need to bite the bullet and replace all the speakers in my cab. Finally got to test a Ultra with a V30 loaded cab and it blew me away... So that is going to be my next step as well..
btw... just wondering, where exactly do you work?

i thought you had a marshall cab??? what kind of speakers are in there?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
btw... just wondering, where exactly do you work?

i thought you had a marshall cab??? what kind of speakers are in there?

Cant tell ya that one.....

I do, but the cab is setup for lead playing which I dont do. Its got gt12-75's and Classic lead 80's in an x pattern. The reverse of the uber cab which is V30's replacing the Lead 80's...