I seem to be one of the few odd people that tap upwards instead of downwards... I play bass and i can do some pretty good tapping lines like Bloodmeat. But what im scared of is when i get to the really complicated stuff that is like Only Ashes Remain by Necrophagist i wont be able to do because i learned a bad way to do the techinque... So should i consider relearning tapping down beause it will help me in the long run somehow?
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
do what you think will serve your playing the best..
there are no rules ... each person has his playing habits..
the bottom line: as long as it sound good ,what the heck
back when i had a teacher, he told me that anyway it feels confortable to do tapping it's correct... altough in his many years of experience he found out that tapping upwards it's way more efficient so i tried and it worked out fine for me, it gave a lot of control over it
Personally I don't tap upwards or downwards - I just tap and then lift off. It's all a matter of pressing hard enough with your right hand, really.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i personally tap upwards and so far i havent encountered any problems involving going up rather than down. you should be fine
Quote by Raijouta
Personally I don't tap upwards or downwards - I just tap and then lift off. It's all a matter of pressing hard enough with your right hand, really.

They're talking about the pull-off part of tapping. It's sort of required that you somewhat pluck the string, you know, to produce sound. The difference in Jamaica's gravity may make the string pluck itself after a normal finger lift off, though.