Im having real trouble nailing the Sweet Child O Mine solo. I found it really surprising, as about this time last year i really worked hard and learnt the solos to One, Master of Puppets, and the Trooper. But then ive recently come to Sweet Child O Mine and i just cant manage it. Any help? I plan to slow down the tempo a bit and work at it, but are there any tips you could give me? I just find it really fiddly compared to the others i learnt last year which are all pretty straight forward =/. It's really bugging me, all i can do is practice but i just wanna know if there is anything extra that might help.

Thanks

(you may have seen this before, i put it in the wrong section earlier )
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Which solo? The main solo, the first wah solo or the second wah solo?

or all of it?
what part
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by Slash42x
Which solo? The main solo, the first wah solo or the second wah solo?

or all of it?

Just the whole of it really, from that first bend, right up to the where do we go bit. I have the most trouble with the run up the neck on the e string (somewhere in the middle lol). Any tips for any part of the solo are appreciated
Like almost all of Slash's solos, this is strict blues. This also means the solos are very easy to break down into smaller parts, so that's how you should proceed. Split the solo up into signature phrases. Learn each phrase, and then work to combine them smoothly. Don't overcomplicate it - Slash's style is very simple, but that's what makes it so great. Remember, that solo is mainly Pentatonic minor blues.

If you need help with anything in particular, let me know.
wat the hell?!?! you can play the solo to One and not Sweet Child O Mine...

*walks away in confusion*
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by 6_Feet_Below

Actually, that makes sense as they are much different styles. The solo to One is extremely simple in form and phrasing. Slash's solos tend to be more dynamic.
Quote by 6_Feet_Below

Its easy really, just gotta have speed. But with SCOM my fingers trip over each other and its more fiddly
Quote by 6_Feet_Below

They're completely different. Sweet Child O' Mine is more blues and fast licks as opposed to teh 2 hanz tappeng and teh tr3mil0 piking.
Quote by Scream And Fly
Like almost all of Slash's solos, this is strict blues. This also means the solos are very easy to break down into smaller parts, so that's how you should proceed. Split the solo up into signature phrases. Learn each phrase, and then work to combine them smoothly. Don't overcomplicate it - Slash's style is very simple, but that's what makes it so great. Remember, that solo is mainly Pentatonic minor blues.

If you need help with anything in particular, let me know.

I have trouuble with that run up the neck in the middle of the solo where the feel seems to change and it gets a bit faster.

Also, i realize i must sound like a retarded n00b by saying i can play the One solo but not SCOM
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
I have trouuble with that run up the neck in the middle of the solo where the feel seems to change and it gets a bit faster.

Also, i realize i must sound like a retarded n00b by saying i can play the One solo but not SCOM

No, you don't. You're in the Electric Guitar forum, not the Pit. Don't worry about it. One solo sounds 100x harder than it really is while SCoM is actually legit hard.
I can play the full solo with the exception of the same part you're talking about. I've stopped bothering with it, though. An A chord is played whiel he does it, so I just improve something, usually some bends or something.
Sounds weird I know, but play it slowly and sing it to yourself to really get the feel of the runs you find hard. Then just practice building up the speed - worked for me.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE

That's the part that most people have difficulty with. Alright, the trick there is to simplify. That run is just simply blues. Break it down into very small parts, you'll see what I mean. Think of the last part to the Mr. Brownstone solo - it's just blues phrases connected to make it sound complex, but it's really simple. I cannot stress this enough - do not overcomplicate it. It sounds much harder than it is. Just learn each position, and tie them together.
Quote by Scream And Fly
That's the part that most people have difficulty with. Alright, the trick there is to simplify. That run is just simply blues. Break it down into very small parts, you'll see what I mean. Think of the last part to the Mr. Brownstone solo - it's just blues phrases connected to make it sound complex, but it's really simple. I cannot stress this enough - do not overcomplicate it. It sounds much harder than it is. Just learn each position, and tie them together.

That's IT in a Nutshell my boy! BREAK IT DOWN THEN TIE EM TOGETHER!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!