i was at guitar center and i was at the strings place, and i wanted some 11's to down-tune my guitar and for the better tone. my friend said he liked d'addario 11's, so thats what i got (i dont know much about the differences between the brands). the ones i have are .011 .014 .018 .028 .038. 049. what i wanna know before i set up my guitar to use them is, will they be able to handle tunings as low as C# standard or drop C without feeling all flabby and sounding crappy? so 11 - 49, will they be fine for C# tuning? please reply, i want to make sure theyr thick enough. stay metal
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Oh, definitely. They might be a touch flabby, but nothing crazy.

If you want fairly tight, get .12's next time.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
kool thanks, i was thinkin about twelve's, but im used to 9's and occasionaly 10's, so the change would be too much, its gonna suck having to pretty much relearn bending and vibrato.

ps. mikael akerfeldt kicks ass! i listened to ghost reveries in its entirety the other day, it pwned
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Bends and vibrato shouldnt be that much different, thicker strings but lower tuning, its a wash.
11-49?

for drop c# standard or open c?

ummm it again depends on your preference but i would maybe go thicker, especially on the lower strings.... for open c i think 52's or higher is good... for your high end 11 should be ok.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Aug 17, 2008,
Quote by A-5best
Bends and vibrato shouldnt be that much different, thicker strings but lower tuning, its a wash.

im not gonna be detuned the whole time...
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand